Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida

Well, I think this is good for UM recruiting-wise, but since we've been out-recruited by an empty desk at FSU at some points, I don't know how well-off we'll actually be.

At any point, this probably makes it a 2 horse race between FSU and UM in Florida again, depending on whether or not they can get their **** back together.

I don't like Meyer, I don't like the Gators, but I hope everything's OK for him health-wise.

Y'all didn't know . . . Urban is gonna be the new coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars . . . and draft Tebow in the first round. He will force HIS spread offense in the NFL. Well he may trade that first rounder to Minnesota and get Percy Harvin and hope that TEbow falls to round 2. Hell he has Derrick Harvey there . . .maybe Demps in the third . . . the Jacksonville Gators . . . bet he sells out that first year :lol:

Eh, I don't see him coaching anywhere next year. I thought he'd go to the NFL at first, but if he really does have a heart problem, he'll be taking it easy for awhile.

Nah I respect that, I don't wish bad health on nobody . . . but I just don't like the guy.

He's not a big liar like Nick Satan. He said he was staying at the University of Florida and he meant it (at least for this upcoming year). Apparently he has some cranial cyst. I wonder if they found cancer? Ugh. Poor guy. I pray for him and I hope others on here do as well as much as you might hate him. God speed Urban Meyer. Us Gator fans will miss you!

One.Why bring up Nick?..except that whipping he took in Atlanta is what caused Meyer's health problem.
I bet you anything Urban takes anther job somewhere down the line.

First, hope all gets better for him healthwise.

2nd: How does this affect UM recruitingwise? I think it helps us up bigtime.

Pretty funny that he decides to call it quits when the going gets rough. He's had this condition for awhile appaerently, and now he decides to call it quits?

According to reports, he had a heart attack midway through the season, and didn't tell anybody on the team about the issue.

It had nothing to do with losing that final game, he just wanted to finish out the season because he felt an obligation to his team and players. I wish Meyer a speedy recovery, and I don't care if he takes another job soon down the line. I'll actually be happy because that means he is back in good condition.

The stress that is on him has to be tremendous, you can tell how much stress he has when a 45 year old suffers a heart attack. It's sad, but I think he made the right move for him and his family, and I am grateful for all the success he gave Gator Nation, and that he has built this program up to be a perennial powerhouse. Thank you Urban, although you may be out as coach, you will always be in the hearts of the fans for years to come.

I'm not a Gators fan, don't really care for the folks in Gainesville either. Having said that, I hope Urban gets his health issues straightened out and will hopefully coach again someday.

i don't think anyone in gainesville knew this was going to happen. if they did, strong would've stuck around to assume head coaching duties. no way he would have left for louisville had he known he had a chance to coach at the premier destination in college football. i'm sure he's kicking himself right about now.

this isn't necessarily the end of the world for the gators either. i'd like to have spurrier back. strong would be a great head coach - maybe we could steal him back from louisville. gruden wouldn't be a bad choice. there are a few possibilities i wouldn't be upset about.

and many of our recruits have said they won't de-commit after they heard the news. as far as the guys who haven't decided yet, who knows.

i don't think anyone in gainesville knew this was going to happen. if they did, strong would've stuck around to assume head coaching duties. no way he would have left for louisville had he known he had a chance to coach at the premier destination in college football. i'm sure he's kicking himself right about now.

this isn't necessarily the end of the world for the gators either. i'd like to have spurrier back. strong would be a great head coach - maybe we could steal him back from louisville. gruden wouldn't be a bad choice. there are a few possibilities i wouldn't be upset about.

and many of our recruits have said they won't de-commit after they heard the news. as far as the guys who haven't decided yet, who knows.

That's my question..if this has been going on for years,why didn't he make
arangements sooner? Strong or Mullen last year,instead of letting them
take other jobs?
Something just isn't right.

Mortensen reporting that he is probably only taking a 1 year leave of absence. He is trying to save the recruits for UF. I don't wish bad on Urban, but I can't stand him and think he has other motives for this move.

Whatever finally happens with Meyer, my only thought is this:

Florida can't have Coach Strong back. I refuse to allow it. He is now a Cardinal and that is the end of that.

Back
Top Bottom