US vs Jamaica... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

US vs Jamaica...

MARINO1384 said:
Yeah and in 2002 they showed quite a bit of games i believe although all the US games would be early. I remember waking up around 3 am and watching them before school.

I didn't have school...I was in Summer Break. That was some fun nights though. Eating junk food late and watching the games early in the morning!

ChrisKo said:
Quelonio,

During my high school years, we used the shootout for our tie-breakers and I must say, I prefer it over the penalty. I think it really levels the ground for keepers and makes it more skill than luck.

Go ahead and cry blasphemy at me for not liking the penalty, but dammit, I played defense so I'm all about making it harder for the little flopping pansy strikers!

I know it makes a certain degree of sense, and I am not a fan of penalties (they might as well flip a coin) but still it was something completely different than what the rest of the world was doing, which made it kind of unique to MLS soccer.

Since we where pointing out uniqueness in american soccer... Dunno where that came from though? Indoor soccer?

wpgfishfan said:
First they get destroyed by Germany then they tie Jamaica and they are a top 5 team in the World rankings. I hope this finally brings them to #20-25 on the rankings

The USA keeps track of assists??????????????????????????????????????? I thought it was soccer not hockey:sidelol:

The FIFA rankings are BS. :tantrum: Don't even want to get into it. I personally don't care about them, because when a team like Italy is ranked 12th in the world, and are playing a team full of fear that happens to be ranked 5th, it all means nothing.

I still hope the USA come out of the group though, and if they beat the Czechs, they should have a good chance.

Back
Top Bottom