USA Today: Dolphins Team Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today: Dolphins Team Report

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
924
Reaction score
0
Location
Downtown Gulfport
There really isn't much here. But I thought this was interesting:

The Dolphins, though, have made more of a long-term commitment to Chester than Bowens by deciding not to release the former before having to pay a lucrative weight-incentive clause. Chester earned a reported six-figure bonus by weighing 338 pounds, which is just 13 more than his 2004 playing weight of 325.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/home.htm

*Didn't know players made money for "making weight."
 

fins1

Sec 145 Row 20 Seats5,6
Club Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
390
Location
daytona beach
Hey, having to walk by the twinky isle and not scarfing down a dozen or so is HARD work!!
 

alopez34

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
624
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Dolfanland
Some players like chester struggle to keep their weight down so as an incentive they must be at a certain weight to make money. its a win win situation for the team and the player. If he makes the weight the team pays up but the player is at the ideal weight the team wants him at and if he doesnt the team saves all that money and can cut or trade the overweight player
 

alopez34

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
624
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Dolfanland
fins1 said:
Hey, having to walk by the twinky isle and not scarfing down a dozen or so is HARD work!!

No walking into cold stone and not eating all the cake batter ice cream in the store is hard work.
 

finmann

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
5,440
Reaction score
1,918
I always wonder what it would be like to see Chester and Bowens at an all you can eat chinese restaurant.
 

Agua

Fighting the media, one lie at a time
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
557
Age
57
Location
Biloxi, Mississippi
finmann said:
I always wonder what it would be like to see Chester and Bowens at an all you can eat chinese restaurant.

I've had the experience of seeing Bowen eat at the Student Union at Ole Miss. They'd serve a double hamburger with an order of fries that would fill you up: fill any normal human up. I saw him scarf down three double cheesburgers and two plates of fries. It was disgusting; like watching some different kind of animal eat.
 

Slappy8800

Breathing is the hardest thing to do.
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
9,379
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
Bloomfield NJ
fins1 said:
Hey, having to walk by the twinky isle and not scarfing down a dozen or so is HARD work!!

truer words have never been spoken
 

fins1

Sec 145 Row 20 Seats5,6
Club Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
390
Location
daytona beach
finmann said:
I always wonder what it would be like to see Chester and Bowens at an all you can eat chinese restaurant.

Store owner :eek: :cry: "I said it was all you can eat buffet. Not all DAY you eat buffet!!
 

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Club Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
7,591
Reaction score
2,029
Age
31
Location
Tallahassee
Agua said:
I've had the experience of seeing Bowen eat at the Student Union at Ole Miss. They'd serve a double hamburger with an order of fries that would fill you up: fill any normal human up. I saw him scarf down three double cheesburgers and two plates of fries. It was disgusting; like watching some different kind of animal eat.

Thats not that bad,i can eat 2 double cheeseburgers punders w/ 2 medium fries and a coke at McDonals if im hungry without too much trouble... and im a 150 lb kid.

Im sure Bowens could put much more then that down.
 

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
36,436
Reaction score
49
Age
55
Location
Belgium
finmann said:
I always wonder what it would be like to see Chester and Bowens at an all you can eat chinese restaurant.

Darryl Gardener (former Phin) loved IHOPs and he broke his hand in a fight outside one here in the Denver area last offseason. I would love to watch
these guys eat! :lol: I think Tractor Traylor could give Timbo and Chester
some competition in the food eating department. Vernon Carey doesn't
look like he misses many meals either.
 

Phinz4Life

Hall Of Famer
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
5,674
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Roman529 said:
Darryl Gardener (former Phin) loved IHOPs and he broke his hand in a fight outside one here in the Denver area last offseason. I would love to watch
these guys eat! :lol: I think Tractor Traylor could give Timbo and Chester
some competition in the food eating department. Vernon Carey doesn't
look like he misses many meals either.

I don't know, big guys aren't the best scarfers.

I mean, look at Fridge in the hot dog eating contests...
 

mercury 40

Scout Team
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
does anyone remember te alonzo mayes and when pat jones and and dave wannstest walked in on him at the golden corral and alonzo said " i just sampling the buffet here and pat jones said " hell son the shadow of your azz weighs 50lbs alone and according to the scales you need to stop sampling these buffets":roflmao:
 

Gofish1331

Starter
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Location
Zombieland
mercury 40 said:
does anyone remember te alonzo mayes and when pat jones and and dave wannstest walked in on him at the golden corral and alonzo said " i just sampling the buffet here and pat jones said " hell son the shadow of your azz weighs 50lbs alone and according to the scales you need to stop sampling these buffets":roflmao:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
 

first&goal

Starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2004
Messages
4,148
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte NC
mercury 40 said:
does anyone remember te alonzo mayes and when pat jones and and dave wannstest walked in on him at the golden corral and alonzo said " i just sampling the buffet here and pat jones said " hell son the shadow of your azz weighs 50lbs alone and according to the scales you need to stop sampling these buffets":roflmao:
....good one!
 
Top Bottom