USA Today says: Griese will start. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today says: Griese will start.

Mandich said local newpapers are reporting the opposite.He said at the beginning of the show that he expects if Fiedler is ready that he'll start.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
if he lights it up, do you really believe we will put jay back in on 3 days practice?

It all depends on the knee. Somebody was arguing that Jay shouldn't play this game because he'd have soreness and wouldn't be able to do the quick turnaround -- if that's all that has Griese starting this game, I could see it happening.

I think that the statistics, the consistant opinion of persons paid to have opinions about the NFL, and the fact that Jay has more experience in the offense will mean that Jay will start when healthy no matter what happens with Griese...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Let's hope he lights it up against the Redskins and that Jay is healthy for the Cowboys!

You still want Fiedler to start if Griese lights it up? Why? Yes, he's more mobile. What else?

Plus, he has an MCL problem. I doubt he'll be 100% by then anyway. One akward fall or cut and he could be gone for the season.

Originally posted by FFiB

so what is it?

Thye haven't named a starter so is all just speculation.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

You still want Fiedler to start if Griese lights it up? Why? Yes, he's more mobile. What else?

Plus, he has an MCL problem. I doubt he'll be 100% by then anyway. One akward fall or cut and he could be gone for the season.

Now that would make you happy anyways....

Remember that Dallas blitzes like crazy...Do you really want statue man playing QB against The Dallas Cowpatties?

Originally posted by Dolfan954

He's more mobile. He's a leader. He is a winner. He has more experience in the system. His statistics are slightly superior (though he has faced slightly weaker total D as per statistics). If he is healthy, I think the sum of the factors falls to him instead of Griese...

Originally posted by FFiB

Now that would make you happy anyways....

OMG how many times do I have to repeat myself? :rolleyes:

I'm not a Fiedler hater. I want what is best for THE TEAM. I love Fiedler's heart and his effort, but he doesn't have more talent than Griese, period. Can anyone make an objective argument against Fiedler without being labeled as a Fiedler "hater"?

What good is a mobile QB if he throws into double and triple coverage, and overthrows receivers on a consistent basis?

And I never wish injury on any player, that's low of you to even think that.

If Griese starts against the Redskins... He'll start against the Cowboys as well.. In my opinion, Fiedler won't play until the Patriots game..

Back
Top Bottom