USA Today says: Griese will start. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today says: Griese will start.

There is a certain poetic justice about Fiedler coming back against the Patriots, but I have to hope for the team and for Griese that Fiedler plays against the Cowboys. Griese is bound to get killed if he plays that game...

Griese will be fine against the Cowboys. I would rather have him in there then fiedler.. it is not the blitz that get griese.. it is when he expects his LT to block somebody and that sombody runs right past him coming from griese's blind side. Beating the blitz is not about running away from it... it is about recognizing it and knowing where to go with the ball and getting it out fast. all of griese's strong points and fiedler's weak points. I would much rather have griese in there agianst the blitz. Now if it was a super quick DE that we were going up against that runs a 4.3 and our coaches are dumb enough to not help out wade smith agian... then i'm all for putting jay in there and letting him run around.. if he is healty of course... but looking down the rest of the season I see no reason why we shouldn't stick with Griese.

Are you a beneficiary of Griese's life insurance policy or something? No? Okay, I was just checking... ;)

Seriously, that all sounds good, but it still freaks me out to think about Parcells going after him with that line in front of him and a bum toe. I guess we'll burn that bridge when we get to it, though.

Hank said no decision likely till gametime. Both guys practiced. Fiedler improving. Looking pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom