USA v. Germany Soccer on ESPN2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA v. Germany Soccer on ESPN2

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I believe it is a live soccer game too.....for you "football" fans...on ESPN2....can't wait for the World Cup.

Ohhhhhhh...we play sooo bad!! We have to win against you:D :D
But i love kasey keller...he is the keeper of my all time favourite team Borussia Mönchengladbach

2-0...I think US will still score before the game is over...Eddie Johnson got robbed of a goal by an amazing save by Kahn. 3-0 Germany...

At least the German populous can stop crying about Klinsmann's handling of the team.

4-1...I knew Eddie Johnson would score. Even when it was 2-0, 3-0..I knew Johnson would get a goal tonight. Well he may not have touched it so..:lol:

See, this is what I mean, this US team is in no way the same team as the one that played in 2002, They seem lost, they are not working like they used to, they are not dominating the teams they should (like Panama in the Gold Cup) and they are not putting a fight against tougher teams... It pains me to say so, but they seem like they are going to dissappoint us.

Quelonio said:
See, this is what I mean, this US team is in no way the same team as the one that played in 2002, They seem lost, they are not working like they used to, they are not dominating the teams they should (like Panama in the Gold Cup) and they are not putting a fight against tougher teams... It pains me to say so, but they seem like they are going to dissappoint us.

This team WAS missing alot of their best players out there today though.

I LOVE this team....they will be an elite eight team again...just like in the last world cup.

People forget that Portugal was one of the favorites in the last World Cup and the US was not favored to get out of their group last time.

The US is fine...THEY WILL get out of their group.

Section126 said:
This team WAS missing alot of their best players out there today though.

I LOVE this team....they will be an elite eight team again...just like in the last world cup.

People forget that Portugal was one of the favorites in the last World Cup and the US was not favored to get out of their group last time.

The US is fine...THEY WILL get out of their group.

Alot ? How 'bout half the team and it showed. Berhalter, Conrad, Gibbs, Zavagnin have no place on the first team. But you've got to like Eddie J's progress, he played a whale of a game.

I won't go as far as to say they'll be in the top eight once again (rarely does a team overachieve in consecutive WC's and the U.S hasn't beaten any of the European powerhouses recentely) but I can possibly see them getting out of the first round.

Also nobody mentioned the heat the Germans were under. This was an exhibition game and Ballack, Schneider, Klose, Podolski were all on the field to start. I'm sure Jurgen had something to do with that. And my boy Schweinsteiger played well.

Exactly Section. They started Brian Ching at Forward. God, I hope he doesn't make the team.

All the stars where missing. Onyewu, Donovan, Reyna, Pope etc.

4-1 is going to hurt us, and I am sure Arena is dissapointed, but I won't take too much thought into it. Half of these guys won't be on the roster in a few weeks. Also, we will probably dorp from our highest ranking in the FIFA Rankings.

Pink_Dove said:
Alot ? How 'bout half the team and it showed. Berhalter, Conrad, Gibbs, Zavagnin have no place on the first team. But you've got to like Eddie J's progress, he played a whale of a game.

I won't go as far as to say they'll be in the top eight once again (rarely does a team overachieve in consecutive WC's and the U.S hasn't beaten any of the European powerhouses recentely) but I can possibly see them getting out of the first round.

Also nobody mentioned the heat the Germans were under. This was an exhibition game and Ballack, Schneider, Klose, Podolski were all on the field to start. I'm sure Jurgen had something to do with that. And my boy Schweinsteiger played well.

I could see Gibbs being on the starting team. He has played there before.

The USA gave away some really bad goals....but at least this was just a "warm up."

honestly, I think the US will do better than germany in this cup..correct me if I'm wrong, but the brazilian speaker said on 2nd half that US was not playing with all their starters..specially the best of them, who is he?
And germany was desperate for a win, to give the germans some confidence. It looked like after the 1st goal you were lazy, just it

Back
Top Bottom