Usain BOLT would run a 3.37 40yd dash | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Usain BOLT would run a 3.37 40yd dash

Care to explain how you arrived at the 3.37 mark? That is way too low to even be possible. It would be more around the 4 range, give or take 2 tenths.

ESPN did a story on him after the Olympics. They had him put on the pads and helmet and run some fly patterns, he looked like he was gonna fall down just from the weight of the helmet. It wasn't pretty ugly and he couldn't get the stuff off quick enough.

I'm willing to bet it's no accident that the footage is nowhere to be found online.

No, he wouldn't be quite that fast. He'd proly crack a 4.0, but those first several meters are the slowest, as you accelerate. The only way he'd run something like a 3.37 (or anything near that) would be with a running headstart.

But yes, buddy is insanely fast. I wouldn't mind seeing him return a couple kicks haha

fastest land animal on the planet,
with or without a helmet.
cheetah_fastest_land_animal-1.jpg

ESPN did a story on him after the Olympics. They had him put on the pads and helmet and run some fly patterns, he looked like he was gonna fall down just from the weight of the helmet. It wasn't pretty ugly and he couldn't get the stuff off quick enough.

I'm willing to bet it's no accident that the footage is nowhere to be found online.

This footage?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQxWNks15MI&feature=related

They were just acting in that video. They were just trying to show what everyone is saying; that Bolt would not be a good WR because the gear would be too heavy. But it doesnt actually prove anything. When hes running without pads they use a bugs bunny running animation and when hes running with pads he running slower than I would (with pads). Hes stong and athletic so he would get used to the pads the same way every high school, college, and professional football player does. A bigger question would be catching ability since we've never seen him catch anything (besides the one pass in the video). Regardless, I dont see him looking for a career change anytime soon, since hes already become a household name without ever having to take a hit.

all it would take is a physical corner to jam him at the line and plant him on his *** to nullify his speed.. lol

these T&F guys are not built for football.. they run non-contact sport.. fast?Yes.. it would be fun to watch though.. dude is incredibly fast.. a human blur

He would be a complete idiot to play in the NFL. If you're making millions of dollars in a non-contact sport, why in the world would you go to a full-contact one?

I figure I can help you guys out.
The link shows the times of the semi final and finals with reaction times and broken down per 20Ms.

berlin.iaaf.org/mm/document/competitions/competition/05/30/83/20090817081546_httppostedfile_wch09_m100_final_13529.pdf

Since 1 meter = 1.0936133 I divided his time at 40Ms by that amount and then subtracted the reaction time since there is no gun when doing the 40yd dash.

At 40Ms his time is 4.64 after the calculations I got 4.097 and I am rounding that up to 4.10 to compensate for the fact that since 36.576Ms = 40YDs and he continued speeding up between 36.576Ms and 40Ms. Which would make his time in the 40YDs slightly slower but the difference when doing the math would be less the 1/100 of a second. I think that 4.10 is about as accurate as we can get without him actually running the 40YD dash and being timed. Still would be the fastest 40 anyone has seen.

I am a Jamaican and would want to take nothing away from Bolt but some people were getting a little ridiculous.

First off, I think the OP meant 3.73 not 3.37
Secondly, to say Usain Bolt is "a little bit faster than Chris Johnson" is pretty stupid things I've heard, Tyson Gay is way faster than Chris Johnson and he got smoked by Bolt...however...
He really started taking off at about the 30-40 meter mark....I think his 40 time would probably be about 4.05-4.10(ish)

According to my calculations he isn't that fast in the first 40 yards, and yes I realize there are different rules for each timing, but for pure speculation...

According to the 10m splits I looked up, plus the reaction time. Bolt ran a flat 4.40.

Here is the info.

Reaction time: 0.165 s
0-10m: 1.85 s
10-20m: 1.02 s
20-30m: 0.91 s
30-40m: 0.87 s

This totals 4.815 s in the first 40m of the race, including reaction time. Divide this number by 40 to get 1 m overall breakdown of:

0.120375 m/s

Now yards are slightly smaller than meters. 40 yards is 36.576m.

Now simply multiply 0.120375 m/s * 36.576m and you get his 40 yard dash time.

4.402836 or simplified 4.40

Back
Top Bottom