USC back to #1 in BCS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC back to #1 in BCS

Just going to post this..as most know and now the computers got right...USC is THE BEST TEAM in college football.

Here's hoping for a USC/VT Rose Bowl.

if vatech manages to win out, and texas does as well, it makes sense that vatech would be ranked over texas

kastofsna120 said:
if vatech manages to win out, and texas does as well, it makes sense that vatech would be ranked over texas

Glad someone else agrees with me.

kastofsna120 said:

Yup. Thats a big if though. Tech has a tough road ahead whereas Texas has a cake walk. Last week should be the highest points Texas should score in the BCS all season. Their SOS is going to hurt them every week from here on out in the BCS.

I have a feeling the gap between 2nd and 3rd is going to be EXTREMELY small in the BCS final standings if Texas and Tech both win out. I hope Alabama goes undefeated this year also so we have 4 undefeated teams.

ether79 said:
Just going to post this..as most know and now the computers got right...USC is THE BEST TEAM in college football.

ummm. Didnt every computer rank Texas as #1?

:lol: Give USC a few more weeks until its SOS catches up. If they run the table, they will be #1 across the board come end of season.

hopefully miami will slaughter vatech this saturday (7:45pm ESPN), putting all this nonsense to rest

Ya know, I usually root for the upset. However I would LOVE to see another year with 3 teams undefeated and controversy. I hate the BCS and so this year, and in 2006 I must root for 3-4 teams to go undefeated.

I think the biggest slap for the BCS would have 4 teams go undefeated. That way there MUST be 2 undefeated teams at seasons end. Therefore Im hoping Tech runs the table along with 'Bama.

Im all about a +1 game. Top 4 teams make a BCS playoff using 2 bowl games. 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. Winners play each other the following week in the championship game played at another bowl game.

Rose Bowl and Cotton Bowl can have the playoffs one year, and Fiesta Bowl has the +1 game AND a regular BCS game the week before. You get more revenue with a +1. You then just rotate, just like they do now, who gets the +1 game yearly.

I kind of suprised that no one is saying Bama has a shot at the title. If they run the table and beat LSU and Florida, plus who ever they play in the SEC title game, they might jump a spot or two in the BCS rankings. Although to have a shot they might need either USC or VaTech to lose.

kastofsna120 said:
hopefully miami will slaughter vatech this saturday (7:45pm ESPN), putting all this nonsense to rest

Hopefully.

ill be rooting for VT this weekend. im hopeing VT can knock MIA from ahead of FSU. and then we play VT in the ACC championship game, and have a chance at a top 5 finish.

Back
Top Bottom