USC back to #1 in BCS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC back to #1 in BCS

i hope people realize that rooting for multiple undefeated teams does nothing. no matter how much controversy, the BCS won't be gone any time soon. whether there's 3 or 20 undefeated teams, the BCS will be around for a while

and i'm not really sure how big of a fan of the game you are if you want there to be undefeated teams JUST for controversy

kastofsna120 said:
i hope people realize that rooting for multiple undefeated teams does nothing. no matter how much controversy, the BCS won't be gone any time soon. whether there's 3 or 20 undefeated teams, the BCS will be around for a while

and i'm not really sure how big of a fan of the game you are if you want there to be undefeated teams JUST for controversy

Doesnt the BCS's contract expire in 2007? If there are multiple seasons where there are undefeated teams at the end, they are more likely to consider a +1 game.

Last year, we had 3 teams with USC and Auburn undefeated at seasons end. If this year we have 4 and next year we have at least 3, then the BCS will need to take a SERIOUS look at its effectiveness before renewing its contract in 2007.

The BCS knows the system is flawed because of the possibility of still having "split" national champions. And until the Big East gets 10 GOOD teams or every team in the Big East drops out of division 1 ball, thats the achilles heel of the BCS.

I almost hope Rutgers can somehow win the Big East to slap the BCS in the face. Its a shame that one team out of Va Tech, Miami, LSU, UCLA, FSU, Alabama, Auburn etc is going to be bumped from the BCS after having a 10-1 season for a team like Rutgers or WV. :lol:

The design of the BCS was to get the best 8 teams in the BCS Bowl game and to have an UNDISPUTED national champ. Its failing in both goals.

You know it's not unfathomable to think that Miami still has a shot to make it to the championship game.

USC, though I think they'll remain unbeaten, play the rest of their games vs ranked opponents
Texas, must be nice to play scrubs all year
VT, Miami has control of their fate here
Alabama, still has to play LSU, Auburn, & probably Georgia, doubt they'll win all 3 but if they do they deserve to be in the championship, not Texas or VT
UCLA, will probably lose to USC

It's really not that unrealistic if Miami wins out.

SMadison29 said:
You know it's not unfathomable to think that Miami still has a shot to make it to the championship game.

USC, though I think they'll remain unbeaten, play the rest of their games vs ranked opponents
Texas, must be nice to play scrubs all year
VT, Miami has control of their fate here
Alabama, still has to play LSU, Auburn, & probably Georgia, doubt they'll win all 3 but if they do they deserve to be in the championship, not Texas or VT
UCLA, will probably lose to USC

It's really not that unrealistic if Miami wins out.

FSU either, huh!!! Maybe a repeat of 1998 will happen!!

UCLA will lose this week, only to beat USC later.
Texas gets stunned by Colorado in Big 12 Championship
VT beats Miami but loses to FSU in ACC Championship
Alabama loses to Auburn

That's a lot of if's, but FSU is not out of the National Championship picture either.:D

kastofsna120 said:
hope you enjoyed the week at the top texas. HOOK EM HORNS!

I knew it would only last a week...Dont worry next bsc ranking Miami could be as high as #3 overall ;)

Back
Top Bottom