USC DT Manuel Wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC DT Manuel Wright

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Apparently, this guy is going to be available through the supplemental draft. He says that teams have told him he is worthy of a late 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Anyone on this board know about him?

Lee2000

He's a 6'6", 290 lbs manchild that backed up Shaun Cody the past two seasons. Manuel was expected to be a starter going into the 2005 season, but his grades have been a problem. He sat out spring drills in attempt to get his grades in order. In limited time, Manuel had 23 tackles with 8 tackles for loss and 2 sacks.

The word on him is that he was dominating in practices.

What are the odds of landing him? I'm not familiar with the supplemental draft.

Slim to none, IMO. If you draft a player in the supplemental draft, you have to give up the round pick you used on that player in the regular draft the next year. So, if Miami used a 2nd round pick to take Manuel White, they would have to give up their 2nd round pick in the 2006 Draft. I don't see Nick Saban doing that.

Anthony3454 said:
Could he last to the third.

There's no telling. Chances are, he won't get picked and will get to apply as a free agent. Players are rarely selected in the supplemental draft. The last one I can remember was Mike Wahle.

KB21 said:
There's no telling. Chances are, he won't get picked and will get to apply as a free agent. Players are rarely selected in the supplemental draft. The last one I can remember was Mike Wahle.

Texans selected GT RB in the 2nd round of the supplemental draft a couple years ago.

KB21 said:
The last time was when the Texans picked RB Tony Hollings in the second round of the supplemental draft a few years ago. That was a waste of a pick.

I forgot about Tony Hollings. Mike Wahle was the last supp. pick that I had remembered.

does it work like the nfl draft all 32 teams pick each round exc.

Back
Top Bottom