USC DT Manuel Wright | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC DT Manuel Wright

He definitely sounds like a 3-4 end to me. Coud land in numerous places one being Houston who might actually spend a pick on him.

No one gets the pick you lose it.

For instance, let's say Leinart decides to join the supplemental draft, even though he can't.

Well, the Phins, if they wanted him would be the team that could get him.

It works just like the actual draft. We have the 2nd pick in every round. You could choose any round to give up. Ifthe Phins wanted to use a 4th round pick they could, but it wouldn't get him. Now let's say the Phins gave their 1st rounder. They would most likely get him unless the 49ers decide they want competition between him and Smith lol

The only change is this. We now get Leinart, however, we no longer have a 1st round pick next year since we used it on Leinart.

Same thing with this guy, if we used a 2nd on him. If nobody used a 1st we would get him unless the 49ers used their 2nd. Then we would go into next year without a 2nd.

I would definitely spend a 1st on Leinart right now even if giving away draft picks can hurt teams.

Jaj said:
I would definitely spend a 1st on Leinart right now even if giving away draft picks can hurt teams.

No kidding we won't have the 1st pick next year so if he enters I would give up a firsty next year even though I like AJ.

KB21 said:
There's no telling. Chances are, he won't get picked and will get to apply as a free agent. Players are rarely selected in the supplemental draft. The last one I can remember was Mike Wahle.
If he makes it to the 7th round, we have an extra one to spare.

Nublar7 said:
If he makes it to the 7th round, we have an extra one to spare.

Is that how it works Nublar? If it is I would od it in a heartbeat.

I thought we knew who would be in the draft and had to offer our picks beforehand not during.

But I trust you would know more then me on this.

Supplemental is also blind. Palyers declare for supplemental, then teams all submit (if they so choose) which round pick they would offer. Highest bid wins.

GRYPHONK said:
Is that how it works Nublar? If it is I would od it in a heartbeat.

I thought we knew who would be in the draft and had to offer our picks beforehand not during.

But I trust you would know more then me on this.
From what I understand(could be wrong) is that it is just like the real draft. Each team gets a certain amount of time in each round and they have 7 rounds. The round you draft in, you must give up that pick in next year's real draft.

Bill C said:
Supplemental is also blind. Palyers declare for supplemental, then teams all submit (if they so choose) which round pick they would offer. Highest bid wins.
ok, so maybe I was wrong.

If this guy is that good, then I could see Saban offering a 2 or a 3 for him. First, he wanted more picks this year and couldn't get them. Second, odds are that we won't be picking as high next season so this pick actually has more value if he uses it now since it would take a team offering a higher round pick to beat us out (x-49ers). It just depends on how they really view the true value of this DT.

Having said all of that, I don't know if we could afford him with the cap.

OK - I just went out and read the rules - we are all somewhat right.

Draft is conducted in order of previous draft. Teams can opt not to make a pick. If a team does make a pick, they forfeit that pick (same rd) in the next regular draft.

Given that, if no team offered a 1st for Wright and he made it to rd 2 (assume SF did not offer either). Miami could get him with the #2/2nd pick. We would then forfeit our 2nd rd pick in 2006 draft.

My question then is, at what slot does Wright get placed for salary?

Lee2000 said:
Apparently, this guy is going to be available through the supplemental draft. He says that teams have told him he is worthy of a late 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Anyone on this board know about him?

Lee2000

there have been some good players taken in the supplemental drafts thru the years. example: 1984 steve young 1st pick. 1985 Bernie kosar, Dave Brown NY giants etc some good players. If he's worth a 2nd i would say take it. :)

Ya my Lotto is completely wrong.

Chris Mortensons :
The supplemental draft held this Thursday will be conducted via e-mail. A team interested in exercising a draft pick from its 2004 cache must submit a bid that specifically designates the round it is willing to spend on the player.

If multiple teams submit identical round bids, the player is awarded to the team that has priority based on the order set in the April draft (win-loss record, tiebreakers, coin flips, etc.).

Hypothetically, let's say that the Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys each submit a third-round bid for Georgia Tech running back Tony Hollings. The Texans would get the nod because they picked third and the Cowboys fifth in the April draft. The Texans then would be docked their third-round pick in next year's draft.

Cuzinfinnny I believe has it right. The rules I read did not seem correct to me as I knew both the Texans and the Cowboys had both submitted the same round bid for Hollings.

Flip flopping off my last post and going with my original.

Back
Top Bottom