Van Ginkel 'making A Name For Himself' With Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Van Ginkel 'making A Name For Himself' With Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
8823557.jpg

“The kid is making a name for himself.”

Those were the words Dolphins writer for The Athletic's Chris Perkins chose to use in a Tweet reacting to Andrew Van Ginkel registering a sack against Miami Dolphins’ quarterback Josh Rosen in training camp on Wednesday.

Van Ginkel 'sack' on Rosen. Couldn't see who Van Ginkel beat. The kid is making a name for himself

— Chris Perkins (@chrisperk) July 31, 2019

They’re also words Badger fans have heard and/or thought before.

https://247sports.com/college/wisco...me-for-himself-with-Miami-Dolphins-134089422/

Living in Wisconsin and adopting the Badgers as my college team, I was thrilled when the Fins drafted him. He is a good athlete and has great instincts. He has a long way to go, but it seems he is transitioning well into the NFL. I think he'll be a fan favorite by making big plays for this team!

Watching film on him I noticed he has a knack of getting the football. I don't know what he'll do, but he does seem promising.

He was the consolation prize for teams that missed out on Winovich. Almost identical players, except Van Ginkel has a springier lower body. Little bit more lower body explosion.

You have to wonder if Miami had their sights set on Winovich, who obviously went to New England the pick before Miami took Deiter.

It’s gonna be interesting to see how many snaps Miami can find for this role. I think that might be indicator of how much draft value they place in it.

And I think terrell hanks might find himself in the rotation for this too.

Hanks is a kid that I'd be shocked to see make it out of camp. He has not a single redeeming athletic quality about him and was not good at taking on blocks - as a converted safety.

He's literally as slow as most NFL offensive lineman.

I don’t think hanks play speed was as slow as him timed speed but I do think hes probably one of those tweener types. North south blitz package rusher/ off ball lb

It’s gonna sound like a mouth full but kinda a poor mans darius Leonard but maybe with less off ball lb feel and instincts.

Obviously not on Leonard’s level but similar profile and college usage imo at least off what I saw

And I loved Leonard coming out.

That timed speed on the edge or at lb though is scary.

No argument there. And if he’s slow and lacks instincts for off ball lb you can end up with a poor mans arizona first round pick a couple years ago.

Just something I’m interested in seeing

I do.

Terrill Hanks I do not.
I have watched a little bit of film of him and he really seems to have a habit of getting his hands on the ball or ripping it out. Didn't know if others saw the same or I was just seeing what I wanted to see.

B/t they do say that hanks suffered a hammy injury running that 4.98 40 at the combine

If you buy it.

Back
Top Bottom