Vernon Carey could be a surprise cut in Dolphins camp this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Carey could be a surprise cut in Dolphins camp this year

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Palm Beach Post suggests that RT Vernon Carey could be a surprise cut in Dolphins camp this year.
Lydon Murtha has been informed he'll compete with Carey to start at right tackle, and the incumbent is coming off a potentially extensive surgery to his right knee. Specifics of the operation were never disclosed. Carey's base salary also jumps from $950,000 last year to $4.15 million this year. We'd still expect him to make the team, but only if he's 100 percent.

www.rotoworld.com

They will try trade him before they cut him.

Ok, I agree that his salary is bloated but the only way we part with him is if we trade him and if we bring in someone when free agency finally begins. But at this point who the heck is going to take his spot on the roster???? Murtha, I won't hold my breath....

Lydon Murtha can't block wind, when he's in the lineup he is simply over-matched. Bottomline as sad as it sounds Carey at 75% is twice as good as Lydon " Look out, I missed another block" Murtha :-(

Murtha ****ing blows. If anything, I expect Garner to win the RT job if they decide to part ways with Carey. Murtha shouldn't even be on the roster.

Well this would keep their streak of cutting high priced olinemen every offseason intact. Lol Tony knows linemen :-)

Murtha ****ing blows. If anything, I expect Garner to win the RT job if they decide to part ways with Carey. Murtha shouldn't even be on the roster.

Amen...Murtha should not even be allowed in the great state of FL.

If he gets beat out by a younger player, then yeah he deserves to be cut. He's really expensive. I think they should trade him instead to at least get something out of it.

No way this surprises me after the 'out of nowhere' roster cuts on the oline last year. It would be a bad move IMO. Murtha's horrible.

Back
Top Bottom