Vernon Carey is not at practice | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Carey is not at practice

I believe it was Carey who asked for the day off from practice, which suggests he really is out for personal reasons. Also, this signing could mean Jake Long misses some games, not Carey. JL is on th PUP list at this time.

Colombo was bad in pass protection last year, but when Sparano was his coach he was decent. Although not starting material, he is definitely an upgrade over Murtha.

Might be nothing, but Vernon turned 30 on July 31. Could it have something to do with the personal reason excuse?

Hoops, Carey played well in 2009. He only gave up like 4 sacks in 2009 and had started over 70 straight games. He had some issues last year but he is still rated as one of the better RT in the game. If this FO is going overboard on a restructure offer, attempting to pay him under his worth, and we get stuck with Colombo at RT.......they will regret it.

to each his own i've seen a decline in careys overall play the last 2 years...

and whoever said the colombo signing would mean jake might miss games put colombo at left tackle and see how that goes...even for a series...ha ha

colombos a right tackle only...if that

to each his own i've seen a decline in careys overall play the last 2 years...

and whoever said the colombo signing would mean jake might miss games put colombo at left tackle and see how that goes...even for a series...ha ha

colombos a right tackle only...if that
It has declined but he's still head and shoulders better than Columbo and part of his issues last year was the crappy play by the RG, whether that was Jerry or McQuistan or whatever else scrub they plugged in there.

I find the whole situation amazing...we're using a washed up scrub RT that was another Dallas Cowboy reject as leverage to get Carey to reduce his salary...and if he calls their bluff he'll be traded or released and we will be screwed on the O-line at RT.

I guess the good thing is we may see Devlin play by week 4 if Columbo's the starting RT. Bad news is he'll be on IR by week 5.

It has declined but he's still head and shoulders better than Columbo and part of his issues last year was the crappy play by the RG, whether that was Jerry or McQuistan or whatever else scrub they plugged in there.

I find the whole situation amazing...we're using a washed up scrub RT that was another Dallas Cowboy reject as leverage to get Carey to reduce his salary...and if he calls their bluff he'll be traded or released and we will be screwed on the O-line at RT.

I guess the good thing is we may see Devlin play by week 4 if Columbo's the starting RT. Bad news is he'll be on IR by week 5.

no doubt he's better than colombo colombos garbage but if these guys think they can get a close to comparable play at right tackle from a much CHEAPER alternative i think thats what they'd look for...but also to my eye careys becoming a more and more average right tackle of late...so i don't think at least that he's as difficult to find a replacement for as many of you guys seem to

but if colombo makes this 53 i'll be dumbfounded

Starting front 5 Long, Incogfatslownito, Pouncey, Davis, Columbo

Jake will not miss games. This is just precautionary while he continues to rehab. No need to rush him. It also allows us to bring in an extra body for camp if we need to.

Back
Top Bottom