Vernon Carey is not at practice | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Carey is not at practice

Sparano releases statement saying, we need inside depth, then we sign another ex-cowboy, RT Columbo, then rumour is Carey may be released. Are we gearing up for L.Davis?

Just a theory!!! But could Ireland be making over the offense right in front of our eyes? Look what they did with the defense when this regime 1st got here .. they got rid of or let a few others walk, in order to replace them with their types of players in what was a MAJOR overhaul... not much was done to the offense in the 1st 2 years expect for the additions of Henne, Long, Hartline and Bess ... it seems that 2011 was a the year they targeted the MAJOR offensive overhaul ... buy letting Ricky and Ronnie walk, Drafting Pouncey and Thomas, bringing Bush and possibly giving Sheets a major role as well as Releasing Carey and replacing him with perhaps Murtha or Garner ... like i said maybe this is the overhaul we didn't see coming .. until alot of the expiring contracts came to an end ... i have no problems with Colombo as long as he is here to be a backup same as with O'Hara although my suspicion is O'Hara has some gas left in the tank!!! lets see how this all plays out ... my gut tells me this is whats happening, but I've been wrong before ...

Carey is better then columbo -
But his 7 mill price tag is high, but him and longs make one of the best tandems in the NFL -
Rather than flat out releasing him, if that is the case try to trade him for something, a pick or player or a ham sandwhich like Hanyesworth

musical chairs on the oline again. No way this unit will gel. Just like last year when we moved everyone around every practice instead of just putting the 5 best guys out there in their spots.

This group never learns. Sparano never learns

If they cut Carey, I'm gonna lose my ****. If Lydon Murtha or Marc Columbo is starting at RT, I'll really lose my ****. Stop tinkering with the mothe****ing o-line and go sign another WR or a TE that can make plays.

musical chairs on the oline again. No way this unit will gel. Just like last year when we moved everyone around every practice instead of just putting the 5 best guys out there in their spots.

This group never learns. Sparano never learns

You nailed that...freakin play the best and roll

You know with Sparano coaching our o-line will end up with 2 Dallas rejects starting. I can see Lieutenant Colombo and Danny Bonaduce (McQuistan) starting on the right side.

I would have to think if they asked Vernon to re structure he would do it. Maybe reluctantly but still, the kid is a Florida kid and has played his HS, COLLEGE and PRO ball all in Florida. I am sure if this is the case his agent will first fish around the league and see what interest there is in him and what price he can draw. In the end though and IF this is true, Vernon will stay in Miami. I am sure all invloved have done their homework and now Vernon is doing his. Again, IF its even true they want him to restructure. Kid is S. Florida thru and thru and lets face it, he has already made a bundle. Even if they want him to take half the amount, thats still good and he will realize that.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

You know with Sparano coaching our o-line will end up with 2 Dallas rejects starting. I can see Lieutenant Colombo and Danny Bonaduce McQuistan starting on the right side.

I just threw up in my mouth a little when I read that.

Forget about Jerry, Sparano was chewing his *** today. He simply let Kendal Langford blow right past him. He (Jerry) Looks out of it tonight..

Salguero said Sparano told him on his radio show this morning that he is going to talk to Carey about his "personal issue". Sparano wouldn't guarantee Carey would be on the team. I have a feeling this "personal issue" is the Fins asking him to restructure, and him having a problem with it. I pray Marc Columbo isn't our starting RT by the end of the day.

Either he was unwilling to restructure his contract and will be released, or there is some kind of trade pending and they kept him out of practice to avoid injury. I wish the front office was as aggressive at going after other teams free agents as they are releasing our own (if that's the case)

I think the personal issue is either restructuring his contract or something related to getting his weight down. He was slow and lazy last year, i dont know if it was an injury or he just let himself go after he got his big pay day.

The worse part of losing him though isn't just the fact that Colombo could be our starting RT, we also have to worry about Jake, if something happens between now and week one in his rehab that keeps him on PUP (and out the first 6 games) we could have gone from one of the best Tackle tandems in the league to Murtha and Colombo as our starting tackles when the season opens.

Back
Top Bottom