Vernon Carey is not at practice | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Carey is not at practice

I would not mind taking on a 4M and 5M a year contract for Carey on the Bills. If you were GM and saying the Bills came calling would would the realistic compensation you want back for him be?

I really don't want to trade him, especially in the division, but the best we could do in terms of trade compensation is probably no higher than a 4th or a 5th.

sounds like restructure and take a pay cut or walk the plank to me...

I seriously hope they do not plan on replacing Carey with Columbo. He was one of...... if not the...worst Tackle in the NFL last year. My buddy is a Cowboys fan and he has nothing good to say about Columbo. The Cowboys drafted his replacement in the first round this year, making it a priority so Romo does not end up on the IR again.

i think its more replace carey with garner or maybe murtha...but these guys love their former charges so much who knows...columbo could be the guy...like i said install rear view mirrors in all qb helmets asap if thats the case

quite frankly though vernon careys cap numbers very large...so something does need to happen in that regard

If Carey gets cut and this regime doesn't get fired, I'd put 100 bucks on our first round pick next year being a Right Tackle...

I hope Colombo does not make it on the final roster. He is not starter material and for a team that has little chance of contending, depth should consist of players on the rise with upside. Colombo at 33 is or should be on his way out of the NFL.

I seriously cannot understand how this FO, making millions per year, can still continue to sign players they are familiar with in lieu of finding the best talent in the league. Inexcusable!

careys got a $7 mil cap # this year...thats nuts...no ones picking that up and eating that much loot in trade...so forget about that...unless he agreed to restructure and then was dealt which i can't recall ever seeing that in pro football

if he restructures it will be to remain with the team...but you know honestly with that $7 mil cap # this year his representation can't act like they're surprised if he in fact has been asked to take a cut...its pretty obvious you don't just eat that kind of # on a right tackle...$5 mil cap hit...yeah i can see that

If Carey gets cut and this regime doesn't get fired, I'd put 100 bucks on our first round pick next year being a Right Tackle...

Sad thing is, I can't say your nuts . . . until they get the cajones and draft a first round QB, anything is possible.

careys got a $7 mil cap # this year...thats nuts...no ones picking that up and eating that much loot in trade...so forget about that...unless he agreed to restructure and then was dealt which i can't recall ever seeing that in pro football

if he restructures it will be to remain with the team...but you know honestly with that $7 mil cap # this year his representation can't act like they're surprised if he in fact has been asked to take a cut...its pretty obvious you don't just eat that kind of # on a right tackle...$5 mil cap hit...yeah i can see that

I don't deny Carey's play last year put his $7 million a year contract at risk. But RT is a premium position and in today's NFL, teams are bringing it from both sides. Clay matthews, Lamar Woodley, Cameron Wake, etc. are all coming from the strong side. With the NFL becoming primarily a passing league, having a 7 million RT is not out of line in my world.

hopefully it all works out and we keep vernon, but if he goes i definitely see nate garner first up for RT. not colombo (or lydia murtha-focker - thanks to whoever said that in the other thread, lol).

I don't deny Carey's play last year put his $7 million a year contract at risk. But RT is a premium position and in today's NFL, teams are bringing it from both sides. Clay matthews, Lamar Woodley, Cameron Wake, etc. are all coming from the strong side. With the NFL becoming primarily a passing league, having a 7 million RT is not out of line in my world.

it is for a guy who's play has steadily diminished the last 2 years and is dinged up a lot...when you've got a $7 mil cap # next to a guy who's aging and isn't a qb or a left tackle or a premium pass rusher pretty much you need to get out...as soon as you can

there are exceptions cause guys play at very high levels as they age these days but their few and far between...careys not worth a $7 mil cap hit at this point...

Double or nothing we have Luck on the board and take a RT ;-)

Back
Top Bottom