Very detailed list of head coaching candidates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very detailed list of head coaching candidates

jimmyjam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Available Ex-Head Coaches
1. Dennis Green -- You must categorize him as the most qualified of all candidates who has credentials: eight playoff seasons in 10 years with the Minnesota Vikings. He's also shown a keen eye for offensive talent -- he pulled the trigger on Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper in consecutive seasons when arguments were being made against both players. Negatives? He's had a personal issue or two, but all in all comes highly regarded.

FULL ARTICLE

EDIT: You cannot post entire articles. Violates copyright laws. And you must post a link to the article's orgin.

Wow - very worth the read and excellent detail. Good post Jimmy. There is alot of great talent there. Months ago, I brought up ND's coach as a possible Wanny replacement and I was booed out of the room.

jimmy i dont know if terry lewis collaborated with you on that (get it jimmy jam /terry lewis..the time etc/..) but the time and effort that went into that is appreciated great job and i nominate it for the finheaven HOF

well i´m still shootin for dennis green , we need a coach who knows about offense, but nick saban would also be a guy i would root for

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Saunders isn't worth it. "He's been exposed to Mike Martz's system"-That's the same system we're in except we don't have the personel.

It's a suspect situation in how this guy participated in perennial losing with "Marty ball" until Vermeill gathered up the best offensive line in the NFL along with Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez.

We've also heard that Saban is keeping a watchful eye on developments in South Florida. Saban apparently believes that he could win quickly with the Dolphins, if coach Dave Wannstedt isn't retained.
I really don't believe anything from PFT, but I found this article interesting in today's edition.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Chan Gailey? That Mortenson is a funny guy.

I know, and Norv Turner is there too! However, my favorite line is this one in the discription of Jim Mora Jr:

"You know, his Dad was a pretty darn good football coach."

There is some good information there, but there are some guys there who shouldn't be there.

My gut instinct is that Chan Gailey is going to be a pro head coach again one day and that he will make some noise. Call me crazy...

I still like the idea of Bill Cowher. As for the ND HC, Willingham, I would rather keep the guys we have. He could not keep the respect of college guys, how could he be expected to coach pros?

Originally posted by njfinfan
Months ago, I brought up ND's coach as a possible Wanny replacement and I was booed out of the room.

Really?? I don't remember seeing anything like that. I brought up Ty Willingham several times back then and didn't get anything static like that.

Really Muck? You know - maybe I was just thinking it. I thought I mentioned it here, though. I think he would be a great fit.

nj

Back
Top Bottom