very important note!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

very important note!!!!!!!

papahotel

Five Time Champion
Reaction score
since we have installed this new offense wich was pretty much the vikings old offense i seem to remember viking running backs always hurt, michael benett, moe williams, onterrio smith and even meldwe moore got a little banged up with the few carries he got!!! so i was wondering if anyone else has posted this or even thought of it. lord knows we all want to see ronnie play to his fullest i just hope that this doesn't carry over to miami!!!!

its the backs, not the system. all those guys were injury prone in college and continue to be injury prone in the NFL. I wouldnt worry about ronnie getting banged up.

And lets not forget different offensive line players, scheme, etc.

Michael Bennett is one of the most injury prone RB's in the entire NFL. I agree with motioncityhifi that it was the RB's and not the system. But Michael Bennett is the definition of injury prone. He's only 5'9" 209lbs, that's basically why. And keep in mind Ronnie Brown is around 6'1"/6'2" 230ish. BIG difference.

also those backs excpet for moe were more cutback style runners instead of bruisers and due to injury they may have been forced to do a little banging that moe would usually do. dont worry ronnie can take some punishment.

we ran ricky 40 million times the year before he retired and he didnt get hurt. whats your point?

Could we possibly get more injuries at RB than last season?

Most injuries are just bad luck.Doo doo happens. Maybe we'll be fine. Maybe we won't. There's no benefit in worrying about it.

they also had a very good QB, and a top 2 WR. i dont think the fins will mirror the vikings.

they did have a RB who failed drug tests.

but they arnt forcing him to play...:shakeno:

Alien said:
dont worry ronnie can take some punishment.

I'd wait until he gets a season or two under his belt before being confident with that.

I'm not going to call him a back-up to Caddy, but he was 1a or 1b. He hasn't shown he can carry the load yet. I don't believe he ever had over 175 carries in college.

As you know from watching Ricky, NFL backs get well over 300 in a season.

Granted getting so few carries in college makes him fresher than a Cedric Benson, but still there are ?'s

RB's are ALWAYS injured, it's just the degree of injury. i don't think there is a starting RB in the league that is 100% after week 1 in the NFL.

nuffrespekk said:
RB's are ALWAYS injured, it's just the degree of injury. i don't think there is a starting RB in the league that is 100% after week 1 in the NFL.

Very True, but its also how the injury effects thier play. Henry played with cracked ribs and a broken leg cause hes a tough *******. And he played well. Alot of guys performance would be hurt by those injuries.

papahotel said:
since we have installed this new offense wich was pretty much the vikings old offense i seem to remember viking running backs always hurt, michael benett, moe williams, onterrio smith and even meldwe moore got a little banged up with the few carries he got!!! so i was wondering if anyone else has posted this or even thought of it. lord knows we all want to see ronnie play to his fullest i just hope that this doesn't carry over to miami!!!!

Unless both blocking schemes include the "don't block" maneuvre I don't think we need to worry about that. :rolleyes:

Losman7 said:
Very True, but its also how the injury effects thier play. Henry played with cracked ribs and a broken leg cause hes a tough *******. And he played well. Alot of guys performance would be hurt by those injuries.

It will be exciting to see ex Georgia Tech RB Joe Burns if Willis gets hurt. He is a stud.

Back
Top Bottom