Very Interesting Prospect -- DE Van Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very Interesting Prospect -- DE Van Brown

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
This is what was said of him before the draft:

• Sleeper: Van Brown of Northwest Oklahoma State is 6-5, 268 pounds and runs a 4.68 40-yard dash. He also is the younger brother of Seattle standout linebacker Chad Brown. However, Brown attended four colleges, including two junior colleges, before landing at Northwest Oklahoma. He was recruited but never enrolled at Oregon and saw limited time at Southern California before leaving. Brown's character has been questioned by NFL types, but if he can get it together, he has the ability.

He has signed with Miami. The interesting thing is that Miami may be interested in signing his brother if he gets released from Seattle as expected after June 1st.

Noodle Arm

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I've been trying to find any type of draft profile for Van Brown but I've come up empty. Do you know of any KB? His size and speed is intriguing but I've enver seen him play so I don't know if he can actually play the game.

fins2923

Scout Team
Reaction score
KB21 said:

He has signed with Miami. The interesting thing is that Miami may be interested in signing his brother if he gets released from Seattle as expected after June 1st.
KB, he was already released last week when they made the acquistions of Sharper, Dyson, and Pathon.. He is visiting NE later this week.

Heres another scouting report on him from NextLevel.
http://nlscouting.com/Spotlights/VBrown.htm

BassFin

Starter
Reaction score
I think Chad Brown actually said that if he was released, he wanted to play for whatever team drafted his brother.

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
He also has a 41.5 inch vertical. Thats Chris Chambers territory, folks.

Keebler229

Rookie
Reaction score
A DE with a 41.5 inch vertical???

JUMPING JAHOSAPHATS!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
traveled to Lansing CC in Michigan, so that he could be closer to his next possible destination, which was going to be Michigan State, did not play there in 2001, but finally landed at USC in the spring of 2002.

Very, very interesting prospect. Based on the above, it looks like Nick Saban/Bobbie Williams was trying to get him to Michigan State. Nick must have kept a close eye on him during the process.

This guy also has unbelievable physical skills, it seems. Almost 6'6", 272 lbs, 4.59 forty, 41" vertical, 10'2" broad jump.......At the least, he appears to be practice squad material for a year. This guy could really develop into something under Nick's coaching with those kinds of measurables. Nick probably believes that this guy can get to 300 lbs without losing much in the way of movement ability.

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
KB21 said:
Very, very interesting prospect. Based on the above, it looks like Nick Saban/Bobbie Williams was trying to get him to Michigan State. Nick must have kept a close eye on him during the process.

This guy also has unbelievable physical skills, it seems. Almost 6'6", 272 lbs, 4.59 forty, 41" vertical, 10'2" broad jump.......At the least, he appears to be practice squad material for a year. This guy could really develop into something under Nick's coaching with those kinds of measurables. Nick probably believes that this guy can get to 300 lbs without losing much in the way of movement ability.

That would be cool but i doubt he'll start over matt roth...but we need backups...i'd like to get chad brown though

infiltrateib

TV Doctor
Reaction score
KB21 said:

Those are insane numbers. That vert is higher than both Braylon and Matt Jones, and he's heavier than both.

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
KB21 said:

Or hes fast and athletic enough to play OLB like his older brother.

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Club Member
Reaction score
KB21 said:

Seattle released Chad Brown just before the draft when they signed OLB Jamie Sharper I believe.

Dol-Fan Dupree

Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!
Reaction score
Chad Brown is the perfect linebacker if you want someone who will be hurt

Top Bottom