Veteran Dwayne Allen Bringing Leadership To Tight Ends Group | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Veteran Dwayne Allen Bringing Leadership To Tight Ends Group

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
a5xthtvsqzaui0piwqnn.jpg

Dwayne Allen has had to be patient this summer as he waits to get fully involved in training camp practices, but the veteran tight end has the big picture in mind.

After missing a portion of the offseason program because of an unspecified injury, Allen began training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list. He was activated off PUP last week, but has yet to take part in 11-on-11 action in practice, including the scrimmage Saturday.

A second-round pick of the Indianapolis Colts in 2012, Allen joined the Dolphins this offseason after spending the past two seasons with the New England Patriots.

Allen started eight games for New England each of the past two seasons, though his receiving totals dropped from his time in Indianapolis.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/veteran-dwayne-allen-bringing-leadership-to-tight-ends-group

How much guaranteed money did miami pay this guy? I’m kinda wondering how this ones gonna shake out.

At Least Jamal Adams doesn't laugh at him.

Charles harris better not either cause I’m pretty sure be blocked him off the planet at the poa

Too bad this guy had so many hip issues robbed him of his playmaking at the position but he worked and became a very solid poa blocking tight end.

Kinda wonder though if he chased tbe money with us like vets have done the Raiders in the past for that final pay day

I have a feeling this guy will make the team and O’Leary will be out . Will be an interesting battle here. Think O’Leary gets shafted again.

How much guaranteed money did miami pay this guy? I’m kinda wondering how this ones gonna shake out.

1.25 million guaranteed. If he’s healthy he is sticking but this likely is gonna be a 1 year deal instead of 2 with no dead cap if released after the season.

They are keeping 4 TEs . . . And if the 2nd round pick from last year, plays like he played last year, early on, he’ll be inactive until he gets it together, if he gets it together. Reports of him being one of the more disappointing players in camp, his best setting, doesn’t give me a lot of hope for Sundays but we’ll see.

I have a feeling this guy will make the team and O’Leary will be out . Will be an interesting battle here. Think O’Leary gets shafted again.

I don’t think so man, he has been functioning all offseason and camp as the top TE. Him and Smythe fit the mold they want at TE and they know what Allen brings.

Gesicki is the unknown variable IMO. I can’t see them cutting him but I could see a diminished snap count for sure if he doesn’t get his **** together.

DK you always keep the articles flowing on here. I appreciate it.

I second that emotion.

1.25 million guaranteed. If he’s healthy he is sticking but this likely is gonna be a 1 year deal instead of 2 with no dead cap if released after the season.

They are keeping 4 TEs . . . And if the 2nd round pick from last year, plays like he played last year, early on, he’ll be inactive until he gets it together, if he gets it together. Reports of him being one of the more disappointing players in camp, his best setting, doesn’t give me a lot of hope for Sundays but we’ll see.

It would be foolish for a regime that knows very well what a monster TE can do for you to give up on a tight end with monster intangibles- 6'6 size, 4.5 speed.

Unfortunately, his monsterness has been Bruce Banner rather than Hulk. Reports out of camp still have him getting pushed off his routes. But they must bully themselves to put him im optimal situations. You can't teach 6'6, 4.5.

I hope they focus on him early and often to build his confidence, take a really good look at him. And then we'll know. How many targets did he get last year? Not enough.

Make him or break him but certainly don't sit him.

I'm throwing it out there. Last TE we had that was worth paying a ticket to watch? My 1st thought was a certain Ex Eagle that was quality. I'm struggling. TEs havnt been great over the years. Johnson/Hardy was good but Marino could throw to anybody back then. McMichael? I'm struggling. Not been a great position over the years.

IMO no way gets thrown away...

All of the feedback is that O'Leary is playing well (and he's a good blocker) - I think he makes the 53. So will Gesicki and Smythe. My hunch is that Walford is the guy who could be out.

Last edited:
I second that emotion.

It would be foolish for a regime that knows very well what a monster TE can do for you to give up on a tight end with monster intangibles- 6'6 size, 4.5 speed.

Unfortunately, his monsterness has been Bruce Banner rather than Hulk. Reports out of camp still have him getting pushed off his routes. But they must bully themselves to put him im optimal situations. You can't teach 6'6, 4.5.

I hope they focus on him early and often to build his confidence, take a really good look at him. And then we'll know. How many targets did he get last year? Not enough.

Make him or break him but certainly don't sit him.

We'll see.

Can Gesicki do well enough to excel offensively against NFL starting caliber defenses (making plays and setting himself up to be in position to make plays and not folding on contact) more than the other 3 can, while overlooking his major liabilities in other areas?

That's my thing. Can you really take snaps away from the others while hoping this monster does something in the game . . . He is gonna need to show it away from Sundays . . . And not just in a Minicamp setting.

Again we'll see but I am not confident here at all, and I think we have better options right now until he shows us more and not just wow us with a spec sheet of potential and talent.

Back
Top Bottom