Veteran Dwayne Allen Bringing Leadership To Tight Ends Group | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Veteran Dwayne Allen Bringing Leadership To Tight Ends Group

All of the feedback is that O'Leary is playing well (and he's a good blocker) - I think he makes the 53. So will Gesicki and Smythe. My hunch is that Warfield is the guy who could be out.

Yea Walford is out for sure. We'll roster 4 here.

I'm throwing it out there. Last TE we had that was worth paying a ticket to watch? My 1st thought was a certain Ex Eagle that was quality. I'm struggling. TEs havnt been great over the years. Johnson/Hardy was good but Marino could throw to anybody back then. McMichael? I'm struggling. Not been a great position over the years.

Clay had his decent moments but was really more of a HB than a classic TE. McMichael was solid. Fasano was a quality blocker. Your ex Eagle, Keith Jackson, was probably our last TE worth any real excitement.

Only 1.25 mil for Allen they could cut him easily.

I was figuring the guaranteed money would be a factor.

Probably be a patriot before his flight landed

Agree. Not a great epitaph when we are talking about players from 20yrs ago. Speaks volumes how the position has been ignored or not considered important.

We'll see.

Can Gesicki do well enough to excel offensively against NFL starting caliber defenses (making plays and setting himself up to be in position to make plays and not folding on contact) more than the other 3 can, while overlooking his major liabilities in other areas?

That's my thing. Can you really take snaps away from the others while hoping this monster does something in the game . . . He is gonna need to show it away from Sundays . . . And not just in a Minicamp setting.

Again we'll see but I am not confident here at all, and I think we have better options right now until he shows us more and not just wow us with a spec sheet of potential and talent.
Gesicki looks like a bust. Egnew part 2

Only 1.25 mil for Allen they could cut him easily.

I was figuring the guaranteed money would be a factor.

Probably be a patriot before his flight landed

Thats a tough $1.25 million to swallow for a guy who in that scenario would not of made it out of camp in his first offseason with the team. That’s hard cash but you would save $1.9 million in cap space. I would hope we could at least trade him for a late round pick . . . Actually I would favor a trade vs. a release in this scenario.

Either way if he’s healthy he’ll get work, easily.

not sure how much leadership he is showing as he and Gesicki are sitting behind friggin Nick O Leary on the depth chart.If Nick O leary is your starting TE over a guy that you gave 2 years 7 million and a second-round pick from the previous season you have issues.

Back
Top Bottom