Veterans’ Contract Stipulations Could Force The Dolphins To Act Quickly To Clear Cap Space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Veterans’ Contract Stipulations Could Force The Dolphins To Act Quickly To Clear Cap Space

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
As they embark on their rebuilding project, the Dolphins not only need to add players at various positions but also clear out considerable cap space.

According to the NFL Players Association, the Dolphins have just $5.9 million in cap space for next season after several low-money signings during the past two months, including veteran defensive end Tank Carradine, quarterback Jake Rudock and cornerback Dee Delaney. That $5.9 million would barely be enough to sign a draft class, let alone anything else.

In most cases, the Dolphins will carve out more space by releasing players, such as Andre Branch. In some cases, they first will try to trade players, as the Dolphins have been doing with quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

Detail below- apparently they are planning on moving on from Sitton

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226523110.html

That's assuming we keep TH, Sitton, Quinn, Amendola, and Parker which we all know are getting cut. Silly Article from Jackson, who I think is one of the few good ones.

If moving on from Sitton left guard or pivot becomes a much more realistic draft option.

I think tbe Tannehill post June 1st stuff is interesting. I mean if you really aren’t gonna spend any money this offseason why not?

Tj McDonald’s another one I find interesting.

Still no mention of any plans to even attempt to trade reshad etc.

I sure don't think you need Ryan's money for anything now- although like Jackson said they would probably do it sooner more the be fair to Ryan.

Well, they need to make it happen as we need the cap space and we're carrying dead weight

I sure don't think you need Ryan's money for anything now- although like Jackson said they would probably do it sooner more the be fair to Ryan.
Well, we'll still need some money to get cheaper players but yes, just by cutting the others mentioned there is more than enough for now. I thought that Kilgore and Larsen would be on that list too.

I think tbe Tannehill post June 1st stuff is interesting. I mean if you really aren’t gonna spend any money this offseason why not?

Tj McDonald’s another one I find interesting.

Still no mention of any plans to even attempt to trade reshad etc.
There is so much talent available in the safety market via free agency that I think we need to wait until they sign first.

we need find 2 cheap OG. who can play all 16 games.. that is avg or above. than get Rosen for that 3rd rd pick.

it seem to me that nfl cap per team is not big enough. nfl is having problems sign players. nfl is about 4 yr rookie deal. it hard keep alot of good player on one team. all nfl do is cut peter to pay paul or tag a guy for 2 yr. than let him go to free agent.
it hard to see teams give QB 30 Million. than try bs everybody else. that why I respect tom brady.

Back
Top Bottom