Vikings Assistant G. M. May Have Eye On Miami If He Leaves Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Assistant G. M. May Have Eye On Miami If He Leaves Team

Wasn't Grier scouting director for like 15 years for us? Either his department didn't do a good job or somebody was ignoring HIS reports on players. I'm pretty sure we'll never know of course but this team needs change for the better and he's been a part of everything that's gone wrong for the team.
He was Director of College Scouting for like 7 or 8 seasons, but until you're actually pulling the trigger on picks you have no say.

I'm sure his department gave good advice and bad advice over the years (as all scouting departments do), but looking at the drafts in general since he has been in charge (2016 to present) I get the sense he's good at his job. If another GM is obviously better, fine, but I don't think we need to be going out looking to replace Grier.

Wasn't Grier scouting director for like 15 years for us? Either his department didn't do a good job or somebody was ignoring HIS reports on players. I'm pretty sure we'll never know of course but this team needs change for the better and he's been a part of everything that's gone wrong for the team.
just because he was director of scouting, does not mean all the bad draft was his fault, the gm makes that call, we don't know who grier suggested to draft in those yrs and probably never will

just because he was director of scouting, does not mean all the bad draft was his fault, the gm makes that call, we don't know who grier suggested to draft in those yrs and probably never will
That's fair enough, All I'm saying is he's been here for all these years we've been real bad. I'm not saying we must replace him but why would anyone be so against it? What has he ever done for this team that is so amazing? That's all I'm saying.

Most Dolphins fans are accustomed to losing and crappy drafts. So the fact that Grier actually hit on a few recent top picks has elevated his stock amongst some. He pretty mediocre in my opinion. Not terrible but he's not one of the better GMs.

Just goes along with the mentality that if you're here while we suck, then you're part of the problem.

Last edited:
Give me a guy who won't draft three awful football players in rounds 1, 2, 3 in the same draft (2017). That alone would be a huge improvement and step into the right direction.

Grier doesn't deserve the pass he gets on here. Harris, McMillan, Tankersley, Gesicki.... Wasted too many high picks in the last two years. Set us back major. Don't expect to hit on every pick, but missing on so many in a two year span is flat out inexcusable.

Back
Top Bottom