Vikings Corner Xavier Rhodes Thinks X Should Get Paid | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Corner Xavier Rhodes Thinks X Should Get Paid

nfl money is going up every yr. I just don't like paying QB that much money. when they need OL to block for them.

Fans are about 3 years behind on NFL salaries. Whatever we think he's worth it's low.

I'm torn myself. On one hand X seems to be on track to become an elite CB and him and Minkah could potentially be 2 elite secondary players which is today's pass happy NFL is extremely valuable. On the other hand X has played 16 games once in 3 years. I hate to be nit picky and admit if X had played 48 games thus far (49 I guess since we played one extra game in 16) I'd be more willing to get close to his demands. This is a tough one, has it always been the same knee?

I can't handle the bellyaching on finheaven on his first injury if we pay him. Posters here will act like they saw it coming ;=).

Of course he wants Howard to get paid. Every player wants the other players to get paid because it helps them when they're looking for a new deal. Good thing he's not the GM tho. I'm hoping we can keep him as long as it's a good deal for the TEAM and not just for Howard.

Of course he wants Howard to get paid. Every player wants the other players to get paid because it helps them when they're looking for a new deal. Good thing he's not the GM tho. I'm hoping we can keep him as long as it's a good deal for the TEAM and not just for Howard.

If Miami intends to re-sign him, it should be now instead of later. Waiting another season for the cap to go up even more and more corners getting paid only means his demands will go up.

If we wait until 2020 he could get very close to 19 or 20 mil a season

You cant resign all your players who end up pro bowlers but you cant be the raiders and let them all walk either..
Sign X lock up one side

I am 1000% against losing top shelf young talent like X -- but if the kid is gonna put a gun to the franchise$ head

then trade him and keep building the roster... You can't have dicks dictating your future and getting insane $$$

because it will certainly come back and bite you in a number of ways...

Beyond that -- X is somewhat damaged goods and is NOT remotely in the same league as epic corners like

Mike Haynes - Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson (who were ALL far more sturdy than X is ever gonna be).

If Miami intends to re-sign him, it should be now instead of later. Waiting another season for the cap to go up even more and more corners getting paid only means his demands will go up.

If we wait until 2020 he could get very close to 19 or 20 mil a season
Doing sooner rather than later makes sense as long as it makes sense for both sides.

X deserves his money and market value is what it is, but he is not a shut down corner in the traditional sense. He does do a great job creating turnovers though.

Last edited:
X deserves his money and markey value is what it is, but he is not a shut down corner in the traditional sense. He does do a great job creating turnovers though.

With current rules and state of the game can you really be an old school shut down corner though? I'd pay the man

Back
Top Bottom