Vikings hire Brian Flores as defensive coordinator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings hire Brian Flores as defensive coordinator

so much for the cards HC job. i would be petrified of hiring flores to do anything. if an HC, and hire him as DC, would be afraid he would be impossible to work with and wouldnt listen to any input. if an owner would be afraid that if it wasnt working out, and i wanted to fire him in two years, he would sue me! plus would also worry he is impossible and wont take any feedback

Minnesota switched from a 4-3 to 3-4 base defense last season in Donatell’s first (and last) year. Vikings LBs Jordan Hicks and Erik Kendricks are rumored trade/cut targets, so I wonder if Andrew Van Ginkle would make the FA journey to MN?

He performed well in Flo’s defense as a fungible WLB. He also grew up in Iowa and played college ball at Wisconsin. If yes he signs, it may mean compensatory pick for Fins in 2024.

Nothing but a wild-ass guess.

Last edited:
Minnesota switched from a 4-3 to 3-4 base defense last season in Donatell’s first (and last) year. With LBs Jordan Hicks and Erik Kendricks as rumored trade/cut targets, I wonder if Andrew Van Ginkle would make the journey to MN?

He performed well in Flo’s defense; he also grew up in Iowa and played college ball at Wisconsin. If yes, it may mean compensatory pick for Fins in 2024.

Speaking of wild a$$ scenarios ... Trade Byron J & Iggybannas to Minny for a pair of day 3 picks.

Minnesota switched from a 4-3 to 3-4 base defense last season in Donatell’s first (and last) year. Vikings LBs Jordan Hicks and Erik Kendricks are rumored trade/cut targets, so I wonder if Andrew Van Ginkle would make the FA journey to MN?

He performed well in Flo’s defense as a fungible WLB. He also grew up in Iowa and played college ball at Wisconsin. If yes he signs, it may mean compensatory pick for Fins in 2024.

I'd rather keep AVG. Unless there is an upgrade coming, of course.

So Flores is “White” when they hire him, but “Black” when they fire him? Seen this play out before. Good luck Vikes!

From what we’ve heard about Flores, I wonder how well he’ll work with a young inexperienced HC? I’m sure he respects HoF coaches like Tomlin & Belichick but it doesn’t seem like he works well with others.

Good luck to Flores trying to fix Vikings' ranked #31 defense and Vikings have to replace almost every one on defense due to aging players and Vikings only have 4 draft picks so they could not replace everybody on defense so Flores have a very tough challenge ahead of him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom