Vilma would be perfect fit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vilma would be perfect fit

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Vilma would fit in perfect in our D, he's small like Thomas but has all the tools other then size and he knows how to hit and our D's bad spot has been missing tackles, so I am going to start a Vilma bandwagon anyone want on?

I'm not on because I don't think we'll go D if Rivers, Andrews, Mike Williams is available.

But Vilma really would be a great pick if we were to go D. We need some depth at MLB, and he is more than capable to start if needed.

I think I'd prefer Williams, though I wouldn't have a problem with Vilma. I think that with Seau maybe a year or two from retirement, and Zach slowing down a little, the LB corps needs an infusion of athleticism and playmaking ability, something that Williams can do. Plus, Williams is a natural OLB, where Vilma is a natural ILB. Vilma would have to play out of position here. I'm sure he could handle it, but other things being equal, it's best to take the guy who won't have to switch positions.

I would love it I just don't think he will be there at 20, I also think we will be picking Din the first rd as all the players worthy of a first rd pick for us at 20 will be off the board. If we can't get an O-linemen with the first pick I would like to get on the D.

1)Vince Wilfork-DT
2)Dranell Dockett-DT
3)Johnathan Vilma-ILB
4)DJ Williams-OLB
5)DeAngelo Hall-CB

I would not go D in the first if none of these players were left I would then go with a WR.

You'd take Dockett over Randy Starks? Most things I've read have Starks rated quite a bit higher.

Only defensive players I like Miami to draft at #20 are:

Vilma, Starks, Dunta Robinson or Karlos Dansby.

Dunta more than likely WILL NOT fall that far but the other 3 are hovering around the 20th pick. I'm hoping one of the team ahead of Miami f*ck up and draft DJ Williams ahead of Vilma and Dansby. I have a feeling it will be the Vikings or maybe Bengals.

Vilma's instincts are too good to pass up to go with his speed and athletic ability. Zach is getting nicked up on a consistent yearly basis even though the same could be said about TIMBO.

Vilma or Shawn Andrews for me. I will not jump on the wagon though.

You draft a Jon Vilma you have to start him in year 1 or its a waste. Where does he start? Cut Junior? Or maybe you think Vilma the ILB can play our SSLB position? You don't draft someone at pick #20 so that they can replace your current MLB within 3 years while spending that time on the bench.

Vilma has played in and out and he could easily play either OLB spot. DJ Williams is a natural athlete, not a natural OLB. Vilma is a natural LB. I don't think releasing Seau is that big a deal.

I too think Vilma could probably play either OLB spot the way our system works but I was just trying to point out to the people who naturally just jump on this bandwagon that if they say to draft Vilma they should also realize they've got a tough decision to make...like cutting Seau or benching Greenwood.

I love Jon.... of course i also love anyone coming out of miami :dunno:
I just want us to finally draft a miami player! D OR O!! AND I DONT CARE WHAT ROUND!! even if that means getting my boy jg in the 6th or 7th!

Why cant Jon replace Marlon Greenwood? This guy never impresses me even when he has a good year! If Jon is already going to play out of position, why not greenwoods spot?!

In our system linebackers are generally two down players. Zack stays in for both the nickle and the dime and sometimes Seau or Greenwood stay in for just the nickle though sometimes they are replaced by a safety in a modified nickle.

I am not comfortable with drafting a player at #20 who would only be a two down player when O-line still has needs and WR would seem to be a better value.

Remember how we screamed when we used the first round spot to draft a nickle corner? Even had Fletcher not been a bust, drafting a nickle there seemed like a bad idea even at the time and the nickle CB plays more than our SLB does.

Well honestly, my round 1 pick is Michael Clayton and it will continue to be M. Clayton. My only wish is that we for ONCE in a LONG time pick up a player from UM!!

Back
Top Bottom