Vilma would be perfect fit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vilma would be perfect fit

Defense isn't a priority in this years draft. Starting any bandwagon with a defensive a player is useless. If Miami somehow bypasses an OL with their 1st pick then a WR will be scooped up. I have seen a couple of mock draft having Miami taking a defensive a player at #1, but mostly it was a DL. If a good defensive a player is there at #3, I can see Miami going for him but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I agree, cutting Seau and replacing him with Vilma would be great. I think Vilma has the talent to be an all pro, a 7 or 8 time Pro Bowler. He is young and packs a wallup!

Seau is what, 35? He has a huge pricetag and doesn't make enough plays to automatically hold down a place on any team. Sure he is a leader, but has limited time in the league, whereas Vilma is yet to begin, I think the choice should be obvious.

I would not mind drafting Vilma and let him sit for a year. We always have a LB miss a few games here and there throughout the season and Vilma would be a more than adequade spot starter as a rookie, with possible greatness in the following years.

I just hope one of the division rivals don't snatch him up.

He's a great athlete and would be a great player. I would not be upset if we got him. Most of these guys we're talking about are great athletes and great players. Lets just hope they don't take someone 3 rounds early like Mathias Askew or Arnold Parker.

VIlma is one of the great ones IMO. I went to Miami so I always am partial to their players but in this case anyone can see the pure talent. This guy is a tackling machine and I like him better than Williams who was a guy they had trouble finding a position for initially. He played some Fullback and I believe Tight End and IMO is a little overated. That being said we must go O-Line, we're just not finished putting that area of the team together. Trade down if value is so important to RS and get Vernon Carey, Snee or Smiley. The guy we NEED is Andrews and snagging Larry Allen wouldn't hurt things at all. Andrews and Allen would fortify what was a weakness last year. O_Line is way too important to even consider going D.

If I was gonna go defence at 20 the players I'd want there are Wilfork or Starks. I'm a big Canes fan but I don't see us taking either of the 2 linebackers. I like those guys but I'd take any of the 2 DT's over them in a second. Having said that, I think we should take Smiley.

Ozzy rules!!

Wilfork definititely won't be there IMO, but Starks could be. That would mean Larry Chester replaces Bowens down the road and Starks works into the lineup in Chester's place.

Keep an eye on Sean Jones. One thing I notice about Miami is they usually say something that indicates where they are looking but it always goes right over our heads because we say to ourselves yeah but not with the high pick. They've been quietly screaming that we're going to draft a Safety, and lately Sean Jones has been creeping up the draft boards. In fact, Safety is the one position I can GUARANTEE we'll be drafting a guy in the first 4 rounds. You can't say that with other positions unless you clump the offensive line together as one position. I just remember them saying we need a nickel back prior to them drafting Jamar Fletcher...nobody had listened to it cuz nobody thought they'd use the 1st on it. They said they wanted Ruddy's successor, but nobody thought we'd draft a Center with our first and only pick on Day 1 of 2002. We knew they wanted a LBer last year but didn't know they'd use pick #49 on one.

Now we know they want a safety and once again we could be surprised as they use the #20 pick on Sean Jones or Matt Ware.

Vilma would not go to waste, look at Hendricks last year did he play? He played almost every game and started a game, reality is one of our starting linebackers will miss at least a game so Vilma would get a chance and he will releave our starters when they get tired, so he would play alot

So in other words its not the drafting of a LBer in the 2nd round that you objected to last year, it was the fact that it was Eddie Moore?

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I agree, cutting Seau and replacing him with Vilma would be great. I think Vilma has the talent to be an all pro, a 7 or 8 time Pro Bowler. He is young and packs a wallup!

Seau is what, 35? He has a huge pricetag and doesn't make enough plays to automatically hold down a place on any team. Sure he is a leader, but has limited time in the league, whereas Vilma is yet to begin, I think the choice should be obvious.

I would not mind drafting Vilma and let him sit for a year. We always have a LB miss a few games here and there throughout the season and Vilma would be a more than adequade spot starter as a rookie, with possible greatness in the following years.

I just hope one of the division rivals don't snatch him up.

Won't waste my time. This is better than any response I would of made.

Why the h*ll is Vilma rated so low?? This guy is a top 10 talent.

If Vilma falls to the Patriots at #21, they WILL take him. Bank on it.

Safety is not an important enough position to go for with a first rounder. IMO.

I read about Sean Jones on ESPN Insider about a month ago and he sounds like a Miami draftee. He has excellent character. I would be very disappointed if they did draft Sean Jones at #20. They should trade down if they want him.

Yes you nick1991.

And you could say that safety isnt important enough to spend a 1st on, but then again one wouldn't think a career nickel CB would be important enough to spend a first rounder on either. I know guard is not a position traditionally considered worthy of a 1st rounder yet the team is considering Vernon Carey. I just know that Miami tends to surprise us all...and to me it sounds soooo typical if we're all sittin there on draft day hanging on every word that Paul Tagliabue comes up to the podium and says...we wait and wait and wait, see the "sexy" picks falling down the draft board...Shawn Andrews...Reggie Williams...Jonathon Vilma...not to mention guys at other need positions like Carey at guard or Smiley...Jake Grove...Lee Evans...Rashaun Woods...

We're all sittin there thinkin whooh boy we're gonna get a good one then....."With the 20th selection in the 2004 draft Miami selects...Safety Sean Jones, Georgia."

And all of us are like...."wha?"

It couldn't possibly be as extreme as the Eddie Moore thing because this is the #20 pick not the #49 pick and we have a lot clearer picture of the guys in the universe Miami will be choosing from. So we know who Sean Jones is, we just will be surprised as all heck when we find out we've picked him up at #20. Jones just strikes me as the typical "huh?" pick that Miami has patented over the past 4 years. Just about nobody they've drafted has been a guy we expected at the place we're picking them.

BTW I've seen a few mock drafts having Carolina picking up Jones in round 1.

Spielman is less likely to make a "surprise" pick.

Anquan Boldin being drafted by Miami last year would not of been a surprise had Spielman been in charge and chosen the guy he wanted.

I'm not knocking your justification of Sean Jones as Miami's pick, h*ll you made a thread a while ago about "who do you think will be the Miami first round pick" and I told you Sean Jones being that if Wanny was in charge and making all the final decisions.

Wannstedt was stripped of his authority over the draft for a reason and I doubt Spielman will be replacing him just to do the exact same thing that got Wannstedt in trouble.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Spielman is less likely to make a "surprise" pick.

I think Spielman is the one who pulled the trigger on Whitley in the 3rd last year, which was as big a suprise as Moore, IMO. So yes, Rick can come out of left field.

As long as the player we take is productive, I don't care where we pick him(relatively speaking of course)

I don't feel like Eddie Moore was a "waste pick" I didn't know what to think at the time he was drafted. But now I feel that it's a shame he got injured because I feel like he could of make a difference in some games last season, like when Junior went down he could of played better then Hendricks did. So he was a good pick, the only thing was he got injured so everyone doesn't know what he could've done and everyone thinks he was a bad pick

Back
Top Bottom