Vince young may drop in draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince young may drop in draft

dolfanattic5

you got chambered
Super Donator
Reaction score
I forget the name of the football test that vince young bombed but he scored a 6 (absoloutely atrocious). This could be a very good thing for the fins if we weant vince young. He could possibly slip b/c of his score and look at ben roethlisberger who dropped in the draft and is now the youngest qb to ever win a superbowl

no offense man, but that is old news now. it is now actually supposed to be a 16 and there are alot of threads about it.

He never scored a 6 says the NFL

He scored a 16 on the retake of the test, the initial test was actually a 12 from what ive heard

who cares, I would be happy if VY were a dolphin and he scored 6 every week!

dolfanattic5 said:
I forget the name of the football test that vince young bombed but he scored a 6 (absoloutely atrocious). This could be a very good thing for the fins if we weant vince young. He could possibly slip b/c of his score and look at ben roethlisberger who dropped in the draft and is now the youngest qb to ever win a superbowl

Even with low scores he wouldn't make it down to us. Teams tend not to use that as sole purpose of picking or not picking someone. As long as his skills are top 10 he'll never make it to 16.

Alex22 said:

He scored a 16 on the retake of the test, the initial test was actually a 12 from what ive heard
still not impressive, and why did he get a retake????

dolfanattic5 said:

The Wonderlic Test

Schleprock said:
still not impressive, and why did he get a retake????

Didn't Dan Marino score a 15 or 16?

he got a 16 on the retake, and he'll get one more test before the draft........... which im sure he'll cram for sooo he doesnt look like a *special* student.... and nfl coachs sat tehre and said it really doesnt matter, people could bomb one test, nervs, whatever... it doesnt mean he isnt football smart... kids goin top 10

This is old news and I doubt he slips to 16. Someone will take a chance on him in the top 10.

Yeah but you want a QB that has some intelligence and not just ability. I'm pretty sure a pro offense is more complex than college and would take even longer to learn if you were a little lacking upstairs. I'd be curious to see what some other pro quarterbacks scored on the wonderlic test. John Clayton was talking on Mike and Mike this morning about it and I guess anything below a 12 is pretty bad and just the fact that Vince Young had to retake the test doesn't look good for him. He still won't drop all the way down to us though. He also said that Cutler may have hurt himself a bit at the combine because of some of his mechanics but there again he'll be long gone by the time we pick.

Alex22 said:

If you did your homework...remember another QB who scored a 16?? Dan Marino scored a 16 on the Wonderlic...Brian Griese scored a 39..but doesn't make him the smartest QB on the field...

Specialk0832 said:
i thought dan got a 12 or 14

Actually it was a 13 so it says in the Palm Beach Post article.

Back
Top Bottom