Vince young may drop in draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince young may drop in draft

Let me tell you something about these tests. We used a similar test when hiring manqgers. To judge the validity of the test, we sent in, at seperate times, 2 tests that were identical. One came back recommend hiring and the other did not. These tests mean nothing in the real world.

I would not want this guy anywhere in the first round. Maybe his score will be the saving grace for a team. He's not an overly impressive passer ans his numbers are inflated due to the fact that in college they had to have two LBs spying him so only one was in coverage.

That wont be the case in the NFL. His 200 yard rushing games will also be a thing of the past in the NFL.

ShootinBlanks said:
Yeah but you want a QB that has some intelligence and not just ability. I'm pretty sure a pro offense is more complex than college and would take even longer to learn if you were a little lacking upstairs. I'd be curious to see what some other pro quarterbacks scored on the wonderlic test. John Clayton was talking on Mike and Mike this morning about it and I guess anything below a 12 is pretty bad and just the fact that Vince Young had to retake the test doesn't look good for him. He still won't drop all the way down to us though. He also said that Cutler may have hurt himself a bit at the combine because of some of his mechanics but there again he'll be long gone by the time we pick.

And they used to say Bradshaw was too dumb to win a SB and look what he did!

Phin said:
Didn't Dan Marino score a 15 or 16?
And?

It's still not impressive, considering the questions being asked of a 21+ year old college kid.

didnt breese also play off the shot gun the majority of the time in college???????

If he'd drop to us b/c of a score, how could that be good? Teams would pass him up for what? Because he's an idiot?

How would that benefit us?

I think the main point people are missing here is Vince Young struggled in a pro style offense and played almost exclusively in shotgun. THIS combined with the poor wonderlic could lower his value. GMs are already going to question his ability to read defenses and now that he scored low on the wonderlic I think that may raise some doubts.

Wonderlic along means nothing but Vince hasnt shown the ability to adjust to defenses.

The reason 12 is such a bad score is because you should get that simply by guessing on every answer.

Alex22 said:
He never scored a 6 says the NFL

He scored a 16 on the retake of the test, the initial test was actually a 12 from what ive heard

Where did you hear that the initial test was actually a 12?

dolfanattic5 said:
I forget the name of the football test that vince young bombed but he scored a 6 (absoloutely atrocious). This could be a very good thing for the fins if we weant vince young. He could possibly slip b/c of his score and look at ben roethlisberger who dropped in the draft and is now the youngest qb to ever win a superbowl

Thanks for the breaking news and putting it in the proper forum. Its greatly appreciated. :wink:

Saban wants smart players. Getting a 16 on his 2nd try will probably will make him pass on Young. Besides the other factors....like his arm strength.

His agent should have better prepared him for the test. From what they said on the NFL network yesterday, he really didnt take it as seriously as he should have.

TooDrkPark said:
And he's in the HOF for not acing the Wonderlic....
..and there are thousands and thousands of players who also did poorly on the Wonderlic, and they aren't in the HOF. What's the meaning of your statement? ;)

young3ce-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom