vince young staying at texas for his senior year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vince young staying at texas for his senior year

RAS25 said:
he could be one badass receiver

Why do you say that...Yes hes very athletic and not a great qb, but what hes doing in college is the same thing Vick did. Are you saying that vick should of switched to WR despite being the clear cut QB when he came out that year and was picked #1 overall. Based on Athleticism and what vicks done to the league basically changing how a qb plays...Then I wouldnt doubt seeing this kid picked in the top 10. But he would also have to have a very impressive combine

Buddwalk said:
Why do you say that...Yes hes very athletic and not a great qb, but what hes doing in college is the same thing Vick did. Are you saying that vick should of switched to WR despite being the clear cut QB when he came out that year and was picked #1 overall. Based on Athleticism and what vicks done to the league basically changing how a qb plays...Then I wouldnt doubt seeing this kid picked in the top 10. But he would also have to have a very impressive combine

vick is also like 4foot 3.............im not one of those people that bashes VY saying hell never be a nfl qb ive actually said i think he is going to be a superstar in the nfl just dont know where yet he has a long way to go for it to be at qb........now the reason i say hell be a badass wr is simple a 6'6" guy that fast and that athletic could be just dominant hed be a way better matt jones or randel el........like i said i dont bash him like some people im just sayin if it doesnt work out at qb he could still be a dominant player.

RAS25 said:
vick is also like 4foot 3.............im not one of those people that bashes VY saying hell never be a nfl qb ive actually said i think he is going to be a superstar in the nfl just dont know where yet he has a long way to go for it to be at qb........now the reason i say hell be a badass wr is simple a 6'6" guy that fast and that athletic could be just dominant hed be a way better matt jones or randel el........like i said i dont bash him like some people im just sayin if it doesnt work out at qb he could still be a dominant player.

4 foot 3???????? The guys easily 6 foot. Vince Young moving to wr imo would be a stupid move...The guy can throw the ball, im not saying hes a good qb but he has some talent. His upside is humongous and so is his stock. If he comes out next year since hes staying in and Stays in the pocket and erases all the doubts will you admit you were wrong?

Buddwalk said:
4 foot 3???????? The guys easily 6 foot. Vince Young moving to wr imo would be a stupid move...The guy can throw the ball, im not saying hes a good qb but he has some talent. His upside is humongous and so is his stock. If he comes out next year since hes staying in and Stays in the pocket and erases all the doubts will you admit you were wrong?
oooh, you mean vick ISN'T 4 foot 3? weird

young staying in the pocket and looking like even a half-decent QB is a stretch. it's like saying "if frerotte throws for 500 yards a game will you admit you were wrong?"

so .......

kastofsna120 said:
athleticism? who cares. let's see, a quarterback who can't read a defense, has as much zip on his passes as a 12 year old girl, can't throw the out route, has never played against a defense with even half-decent corners (well he has, and he failed), and is TERRIBLE when he has no running game for support......yeaaaaaah not a ton of upside with him

According to you , he has no chance to be drafted as a QB? Interesting.

I will remember this when his name is called very early in the 2007 draft...

Remarkable on how little some people know..... I said Jason Campbell would be a late first round pick this year before the 4th game of his college season.... which brought out similar responces....

he is a work in progress , that is why the extra year is prudent and will make him a first day selection in 2007 .... and yes he has a TON of upside...

Buddwalk said:

i was joking when i said 4foot3 but my bad i should have said.........and dude im not saying he is going to be a horrible qb im just saying he has some work to do and there is a spot for him in the nfl because of his talent......and if he doesnt work out as a qb he would make an awesome wr because of his size speed and talent.

kastofsna120 said:
oooh, you mean vick ISN'T 4 foot 3? weird

young staying in the pocket and looking like even a half-decent QB is a stretch. it's like saying "if frerotte throws for 500 yards a game will you admit you were wrong?"

What makes you think you know so much about vince young sucking as a qb when the rest of the draft critics are hailing this kid. Hes a great athlete and an ok qb i realize that but im just saying his stock is soaring. Say what you want man but if he erases all those doubts which isnt impossible prepare to eat your words.

Buddwalk said:
What makes you think you know so much about vince young sucking as a qb when the rest of the draft critics are hailing this kid. Hes a great athlete and an ok qb i realize that but im just saying his stock is soaring. Say what you want man but if he erases all those doubts which isnt impossible prepare to eat your words.
everyone hailed alex smith, and he sucks. and that's just one of MAANNNNNYYYYYY examples i could use

and it's a pretty easy copout to say "if he erases all those doubts." you can say that for ANY player about ANY thing NOW. he's shown nothing that makes him look like a good NFL QB prospect. throwing passes over the middle of the field to wide open receivers is not something i'm too enthralled by, sorry

kastofsna120 said:
everyone hailed alex smith, and he sucks. and that's just one of MAANNNNNYYYYYY examples i could use

and it's a pretty easy copout to say "if he erases all those doubts." you can say that for ANY player about ANY thing NOW. he's shown nothing that makes him look like a good NFL QB prospect. throwing passes over the middle of the field to wide open receivers is not something i'm too enthralled by, sorry
Off topic, but it's way to early to say whether Alex Smith sucks or not. Sure maybe he sucks now, but find me 2 QB's from the last 20 drafts that didn't suck in their 6th game. Not saying he will or won't ultimately be worth that top pick, just that you can't judge that by what you've seen so far.

Batman13 said:
Off topic, but it's way to early to say whether Alex Smith sucks or not. Sure maybe he sucks now, but find me 2 QB's from the last 20 drafts that didn't suck in their 6th game. Not saying he will or won't ultimately be worth that top pick, just that you can't judge that by what you've seen so far.
i've said alex smith has no shot to be an NFL QB quite a while before the draft. and yes, you CAN judge a QB on his first few games. if he shows signs of indecisveness and "thinks" more than he "reacts," that's one thing. but to show that you CAN'T READ A DEFENSE, it's just not a good thing. it's pretty evident what we got here: a guy who ran a gimmick offense in college against weak opponents, and it's showing a LOT at the next level. unless he makes some drastic improvements that has never happened with a QB before, he'll be a bust...plain and simple

Ace88 said:
I think everybody already knew that he would stay his senior yeat at Texas. Young needs another year anyway, so that can be even better whenever he enters the draft.

no he doesn't. he needs to start his learning process asap. another year of college will result in bad habits that will take longer to break. he can be an nfl qb, but it's going to take a massive re-education to do so. who ever gets him is going to have to break him down and build him back up.

Phishstix said:
no he doesn't. he needs to start his learning process asap. another year of college will result in bad habits that will take longer to break. he can be an nfl qb, but it's going to take a massive re-education to do so. who ever gets him is going to have to break him down and build him back up.

Exactly, he needs to declare and start learning routes like Matt Jones.

you do notice he's 25th in the nation in passing yards, that is better than Tyler Palko, Chris Leak, Brodie Croyle, Chad Henne, Charlie Whitehurst, and Jamarcus Russell.

All he does is WIN GAMES! Just like what Michael Vick did to the Dolphins when he completed 70% of his passes against Saban's "tough Defense".

I will take any QB who can win me ball games instead of a QB who puts up the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom