Vince Young will NOT throw at Combine... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young will NOT throw at Combine...

Adams denies that the decision is linked in any way to Young's poor showing in a college skills competition aired by ESPN the day before the Super Bowl.​

Oh please, he threw over 70+ yards he just didnt keep it in

and in the accuracy drill he was the only guy to make it in the targets

IF he doesnt throw at the combine it wont be for that reason

Alex22 said:

and in the accuracy drill he was the only guy to make it in the targets

IF he doesnt throw at the combine it wont be for that reason
accuracy on the deep balls are important. it was pretty evident that his sidearm release affected the deep passes a lot in that stupid comptetition.

Alex22 said:

In a HUGE area that every other QB there managed to hit with no problems.

Juan Cribbs said:
accuracy on the deep balls are important. it was pretty evident that his sidearm release affected the deep passes a lot in that stupid comptetition.

Yeah but he didnt miss by much on those deep ones

And in the accuracy that first target wasnt close, and he hit both targets

I hope he threws at the combine, but if he doesnt I dont think its because of that reason

EDIT: And yeah it is a stupid competition, another reason that shouldnt affect what he does at the combine

SpeedRush99 said:
In a HUGE area that every other QB there managed to hit with no problems.

But no other QB even hit one of the targets in the accuracy drill so even if you say that about his deep ball it still evened out

Besides the reason he missed the deep ones was because he was trying to hit it 70+ each time, if he just wanted to get it between them im sure he could

and Id hardly call the are huge

Alex22 said:
But no other QB even hit one of the targets in the accuracy drill so even if you say that about his deep ball it still evened out

Besides the reason he missed the deep ones was because he was trying to hit it 70+ each time, if he just wanted to get it between them im sure he could

and Id hardly call the are huge

:lol: Good excuse

SpeedRush99 said:
:lol: Good excuse

He took 10 yard running starts each time and just tossed them up man

Either way you cant deny he did hit BOTH accuracy targets and no-one else even hit one

It evens out no matter what happend on the deep ball

arsenal said:
i think theres only some stink about it because just a couple weeks ago vince himself said he was going to throw at the combine, so now to turn around and say hes not makes it seem a little fishy...

Individual workouts are much more inspection friendly anyways. I think he would rather be doing it when all the eyes are on him instead of waiting in line for his turn yadda yadda yadda. Now if he doesnt throw in individual workouts, then houston, we have a problem, but its a problem I would love to happen for Miami's sake whether we end up with him or not. he can become a draft chip if you dont want him.

Juan Cribbs said:

People get too wrapped up in this crap. In the end, VY just wins ball games with his legs and decision skills while seeing the whole field. He can kill you in more ways than one. And Oh, BTW, his throwing motion is not sidearm, its earhole, he throws the ball like a dart. I dont think he has any problems with accuracy and he actually puts a nice touch on the ball from what i see and its ussually doing it on the run. All I gotta say at the end of the day is that I hope and pray to god that the Jets do not get VY.

finfan54 said:
People get too wrapped up in this crap. In the end, VY just wins ball games with his legs and decision skills while seeing the whole field. He can kill you in more ways than one. And Oh, BTW, his throwing motion is not sidearm, its earhole, he throws the ball like a dart. I dont think he has any problems with accuracy and he actually puts a nice touch on the ball from what i see and its ussually doing it on the run. All I gotta say at the end of the day is that I hope and pray to god that the Jets do not get VY.
looks like people are getting too wrapped up in what he did against vastly inferior competition than the possibilities of what awaits him in the NFL. winning games on a team filled with blue chippers isn't too hard.

he has a sidearm throwing motion.

i hope the jets get him. the media and fan pressure will force the jets to put young in too early and hinder his development, giving miami easy wins for years to come.

Juan Cribbs said:
looks like people are getting too wrapped up in what he did against vastly inferior competition than the possibilities of what awaits him in the NFL. winning games on a team filled with blue chippers isn't too hard.

he has a sidearm throwing motion.

i hope the jets get him. the media and fan pressure will force the jets to put young in too early and hinder his development, giving miami easy wins for years to come.
Yeah because this team has such a good track record of stopping QBs of his ilk.

Back
Top Bottom