Vince Young will NOT throw at Combine... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young will NOT throw at Combine...

Sounds like a buncha BS to me. I don't think he should even be able to choose whether he wants to or not. I don't think any players should be able to choose whether they WANT to go to the combine either. It should be a must. If you want to enter the Draft you must perform in the combine. If you don't no draft. The only way out is if you've been told by the Combine doctor (not yours) that you shouldn't.

If I'm a NFL coach, In the top five picks, I'm having a doubt on him.

He needs to come to the combine and quiet the critics not amplify them!

finfan54 said:
Confidence issues? hmmmmm. Thats an interesting one. Is Leinert going to the combine? Why no stink on him if he doesnt? Very interesting.

GEEEZ!

Maybe because the thread wasn't "Matt Leinart will NOT throw at the combine"

You think maybe that's it?

As I mentioned in the previous post, with the amount of financial risk these teams put in these first round prospects, they should all HAVE to work out. As I mentioned that's another issue.

I think Matt Leinart should have to be there as well as V. Young. I don't know why you had to try and make a Vince Young conspiracy out of the dang post but whatever floats your boat!

BALLS DEEP said:
Sounds like a buncha BS to me. I don't think he should even be able to choose whether he wants to or not. I don't think any players should be able to choose whether they WANT to go to the combine either. It should be a must. If you want to enter the Draft you must perform in the combine. If you don't no draft. The only way out is if you've been told by the Combine doctor (not yours) that you shouldn't.

If I'm a NFL coach, In the top five picks, I'm having a doubt on him.

He needs to come to the combine and quiet the critics not amplify them!

I agree 110%

I'm not a bit surprised. The Rose Bowl is still fresh in everyones mind. Why would Young put himself in any position that would make his draft value vunerable?...Especially throwing. Although he has great feet & legs, that side-arm release may turn-off some would be suiters. I think Young's doing the right thing. Let all the Young-lovers cuss me and all the Cutler-lover applaude me! I can handle it...because it is so...:cooldude:

Finfanforever said:
I'm not a bit surprised. The Rose Bowl is still fresh in everyones mind. Why would Young put himself in any position that would make his draft value vunerable?...Especially throwing. Although he has great feet & legs, that side-arm release may turn-off some would be suiters. I think Young's doing the right thing. Let all the Young-lovers cuss me and all the Cutler-lover applaude me! I can handle it...because it is so...:cooldude:

I disagree, he should take any chance he gets to impress, as should every player. Funny that he'd participate in that skills challenge but not at the combine.

Cant say I blame Vince. If I had a shaky arm and I covered it up with my ability to make the easy passes and wow people with my running game and I was a top 5 pick, I wouldnt want to expose myself either..........

Philter25 said:
Cant say I blame Vince. If I had a shaky arm and I covered it up with my ability to make the easy passes and wow people with my running game and I was a top 5 pick, I wouldnt want to expose myself either..........

THAT Speedrush, Is what I'm talking about!

Philter25 said:

Good point. Which is why I agree that they should all HAVE to do it.

SpeedRush99 said:
I disagree, he should take any chance he gets to impress, as should every player. Funny that he'd participate in that skills challenge but not at the combine.

Funny that Leinart didn't even consider going to the challenge and Bush dropped out after saying he would.

fishypete said:
Funny that Leinart didn't even consider going to the challenge and Bush dropped out after saying he would.

I agree

Philter25 said:

Shaky arm? LOL. 3000 yds passing....65% comp rating...9.3 yds per pass att...if that a shaky arm....may we surely get that arm for the Dolphins...then the only reason it will be shaky...is from all the hand shakes he'll get from the Dolphin fans.

fishypete said:
then the only reason it will be shaky...is from all the hand shakes he'll get from the Dolphin fans.

:rolleyes2 Good one pete! :lol:

fishypete said:
Shaky arm? LOL. 3000 yds passing....65% comp rating...9.3 yds per pass att...if that a shaky arm....may we surely get that arm for the Dolphins...then the only reason it will be shaky...is from all the hand shakes he'll get from the Dolphin fans.
Your right Pete. I know nothing about mechanics and heck, rarely ever watch football. Stats are everything and VY is going to be the next Marino in the NFL. Vince Young has a cannon of an arm. I heard Vince Young can throw a football faster than 200 mph. I watched one Texas game where Vince Young dropped back to pass and threw the ball so hard it went completely THROUGH the cornerback and his WR caught it for a 200 yard touchdown. I heard Vince Young is going straight to the NFL hall of fame, even before he is drafted. In highschool, they had to make the field 200 yards instead of 100 yards to compensate for Vince Young's incredible armstrength. I heard when Vince Young farts, it cures cancer. Vince's highschool team needed 20 yards for a 1st down instead of 10. Who cares about mechanics when he puts up great stats in college. Vince Young doesnt need to prove himself as a QB because he won a national championship, just like Jason White. Every college QB who puts up good numbers in college, against subpar competition, is going to be a STUD in the NFL.

What the hell was I thinking when I made my post....... I need to start seeing things through your point of view. Zach to strong safety, right?

fishypete said:
man that was awful...

Back
Top Bottom