Virginia LB A.Brooks in Supplemental Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Virginia LB A.Brooks in Supplemental Draft

Kyfinsfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It seems that A.Brooks, talented LB from Virgina, will apply for the supplemntal draft this year since he has been kicked off the team at UVA. Thoughts on taking him if we don't address the LB need in FA/draft?

a deffinite top 10 prospect if he came out this year

i dont think he was a top ten prospect had he come out this year with all the injury problems he had. that being said the guy is talented but has alot issues. i think it would be hard to spend more than a fifth on him in the supplemental draft.

Based on what he's done in college, I'd spend a 4th on him right now. I'd have to see how he worked out, but I don't think we could afford to spend more than a 3rd on him. Either way he'd be an absolute steal, just like Manny Wright.

I'd definitely get him but of course if we get Manny Lawson or another top LB in the draft than we shouldn't get Brooks too. but if we go the whole draft without taking a LB and don't get Arrington than I think we should go after Brooks with a 4th or 5th

It shouldn't really matter whether or not we take Lawson, because Brooks is a MLB. I think Saban is going to do what Bellichick did in NE, by getting as many top-tier LB's as you can. IMO, that's what made NE's defense and super bowl teams what it was.

I played with Brooks at Fork Union Military Academy and he's a phenominal athlete i wouldn't mind givn up a 2nd rounder in the sup. draft given he passes a physical COMPLETELY healthy

kpcane said:
It shouldn't really matter whether or not we take Lawson, because Brooks is a MLB. I think Saban is going to do what Bellichick did in NE, by getting as many top-tier LB's as you can. IMO, that's what made NE's defense and super bowl teams what it was.
makes sense

i would spend a 3rd or 4th round to get him, he would be a great pick for us and a good player in our 3-4 defense, he would learn a lot from zach thomas and would be a good replacement for him in the next years...

clear.gif

R.I.P :( (we will miss you)

Brooks was once projected as a top 10 pick when he turned pro, but the last year or so has been pretty bad for him between the drugs, his weight, his injury, and losing playing time to another decent Cavalier LB.

I can't remember whether I projected him going in the 4th or 5th now. I think he'd be value in the 4th and a steal in the 5th, but you have to know going in that he's going to have a crying spell and is going to have the trout eyed look that first year while he's getting it back together. I'm sure Nick will have his eye on him as a possibility in the supplemental draft.

kpcane said:

:yes: Blitzing the hell outta the qbs hell yea.

Back
Top Bottom