Virginia LB A.Brooks in Supplemental Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Virginia LB A.Brooks in Supplemental Draft

crazy? he's been kicked out of school for drugs, he's out of shape, he has injury concerns, he'd cost a first-day pick....no thanks to that.

I think you look at him at least. His talent alone has to be worth a 4/5. If nothing else LB's generally make good special teams players. Remember Zach was a 5th Rounder. If he can be had for that price range, I would pull the trigger.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
:yes: Blitzing the hell outta the qbs hell yea.

If we want to start seriously considering ourselves as contenders for the SB this year, we need to figure out how to beat teams like the Colts, and the only way to beat Peyton Manning is to make the o-line "have issues".

kpcane said:
If we want to start seriously considering ourselves as contenders for the SB this year, we need to figure out how to beat teams like the Colts, and the only way to beat Peyton Manning is to make the o-line "have issues".

And if he's healthy Brooks will do that and would be a steal for a 3rd rounder like I said before I'd even use a 2nd on him

Do remember with his size he is a ILB not OLB. I would love to pick him up, we already can see that we got a steal last year with Manny Wright in the supplemental draft. He has a lot of talent, but I wouldnt spend more than a 3rd or 4th on him.

I'd put in a 3rd round bid for him if we didn't get a LB on the first day during the draft.

I'd have to go 3rd round no matter who we pick this year. We should have a pretty good year so it would end up being probably around pick 85 in 07. Seems like great value getting a guy who had top ten talent going into the year for that pick. He is a great athlete and I'm pretty sure Saban could really get this guy going. Even if we did pick Lawson 1st round I'd still make the move. You would have to view it like Manny( not expect a whole lot right away except for maybe a depth player then in a year or 2 when his game comes around we would be set). Can you imagine having Lawson, Crowder, Brooks as our LB core for the next 5-7 years. Add in Daniels, Poole, Roth, Wright, Vickerson and all the other young DB's we added and we would have done a heck of a good youth movement in just 2 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom