Volek | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volek

jscott13

Rookie
Reaction score
I live in TN and hate the Oilers. I've been a Dolfan for over 35 years. I go to as many games as possible. The last couple of years we have played the Titans and also practiced with them. I've been able to see Volek and I believe this kid is going to be something special. He is an URFA and the Titans will not be able to afford him. They have groomed him to be a starting QB. I really hope we give this guy a serious look.

Originally posted by jscott13
I live in TN and hate the Oilers. I've been a Dolfan for over 35 years. I go to as many games as possible. The last couple of years we have played the Titans and also practiced with them. I've been able to see Volek and I believe this kid is going to be something special. He is an URFA and the Titans will not be able to afford him. They have groomed him to be a starting QB. I really hope we give this guy a serious look.
Volek is good...I remember back in week 15 he fell behind 17-6 to us, and came back to win 28-26....that's pretty impressive for a back up qb to lead a comeback against a damn good defense

He is going to be a superstar given the chance. He is calm, makes great reads and has a good arm. He doesn't need any time to learn the speed of the NFL and we could use our draft pick on an OL or WR. The Titans think alot of him. They even cut O'Donnell because they were so impressed with him. I hope we give this kid a shot. Again URFA that the Titans can't afford to pay as a backup.

I haven't seen him play, but coming back to beat the Bills was no great accomplishment this year.:)

all about the right price, he is a restricted free agent and the titans are strapped for cash... i would be ok with bringing him in and giving him a chance to win the job, but i would not prefer he have it outright in camp. My preferred approach is still...
brunell
rookie
sage

but taht could chagne as the offseason moves along, im open to other options, just think that is the best right now.

He is an URFA and the Titans are not going to be able to pay him.

my bad, I saw URFA in the original post and im so familar with UFA for unrestricted that when i saw the R, i assumed restricted and ignored the U, my apologies.

doesnt change my feeling... wouldnt be surprised to see him end up in dallas though, sounds like a guy parcells may end up liking and paying more money for him than we would be able to, not the veteren he wants, but he may be able to get both

to me volek just looks like a younger fiedler - a great game manager but lacking that "explosiveness" that we want.... at this point i am getting frustrated with the quarterback situation... we need a franchise player who is explosive.

I would like nothing more than for us the get that franchise player but that guy is not out there in guys like Brunell, Warner, Kitna & Garcia. I'll admit that Volek is a risk because he just hasn't play that much. But trust me all the guys on our list for QB come with alot of risk. Not to mention the risk that goes with a college QB. Volek has grown up with the Titans and is ready to take the next step. It really is the best of both worlds. A young QB with NFL experience that has all the talent to take the next step. I believe the powers that be will recognize his talent and potential to be a superstar. At least I hope they do.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
all about the right price, he is a restricted free agent and the titans are strapped for cash... i would be ok with bringing him in and giving him a chance to win the job, but i would not prefer he have it outright in camp. My preferred approach is still...
brunell
rookie
sage

but taht could chagne as the offseason moves along, im open to other options, just think that is the best right now.

I'm not sure how you'd put a rookie ahead of Sage with a couple years of knowing the offense and having actual playing time. Sage should be the #2 with a shot to show what he can do.

Volek is not a rookie. He has been in the league 3 years and trust me he is light years ahead of Sage. If you do your homework on Volek you will figure it out. I just hope Dan, Rick, & Dave do their homework on Volek. P.S. I really wish Sage was the guy but he is not.

In my opinion other than Garcia, he is the best guy to get. I think Brunell would be fine too but I wouldn' t want Warner. I think he is done. Also, Volek would come cheaper than the others.

I think Volek will the next "big" thing in terms of going from obscurity to a pretty good player, ie. Bulger, Delhomme, etc.

Back
Top Bottom