Volek | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volek

Ya I mentioned this guy in one of the other threads (can't remember which). Being in Tennessee I hear a lot about the Titans and see many of their games on the tube.

I saw him play a FEW times this year, and he would have been their guy at the end of the year had he not gotten an injury (at the same time McNair was nursing).

He's not the best QB in the league or anything, but I certainly think he's better than Fiedler. Don't have a Favre caliber gun, but he's definitely stronger than Jay.

He has the experience to start (how many games had Marino started when he was switched to starter? Albeit he was in the system). I'd rather him than Warner, Bulger or Garcia....much more upside.

I hav e no interest in him. Frst of all I think if he was truly a starter he would have been by now. I don't think we need anyone in that mid-tier level of quality. We need a playmaker and a leader. I think it is a gamble and franky we can't afford to miss. We need a slam dunk.

The only option is the 1-2 punch of:

Bruenell and Rivers.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I hav e no interest in him. Frst of all I think if he was truly a starter he would have been by now. I don't think we need anyone in that mid-tier level of quality. We need a playmaker and a leader. I think it is a gamble and franky we can't afford to miss. We need a slam dunk.

The only option is the 1-2 punch of:

Bruenell and Rivers.

I think if Tennessee didn't have McNair he would be.

I like the McNair / Rivers angle better too.

Originally posted by jscott13
Volek is not a rookie. He has been in the league 3 years and trust me he is light years ahead of Sage. If you do your homework on Volek you will figure it out. I just hope Dan, Rick, & Dave do their homework on Volek. P.S. I really wish Sage was the guy but he is not.

I wasn't commenting on Volek. My post included the quote that had Brunell, Rookie, Sage. So I said I don't see how a rookie would go ahead of Sage. And we have no idea if he's the man or not, he hasn't been given much a shot. He did great in preseason and on his one drive this year he scored a TD.

There is always risk with any guy you bring in. I would rather have a guy the Titans would hate to lose as opposed to guys (Warner, Garcia, Burnell & Couch) there teams are glad they are on there way out. I have seen the kid play and mature over the last 3 years. He is very smart, calm, great pocket awareness, good arm, accurate, can elude the rush, young with so much upside, and a good leader. There is no sure thing. I am not worried about him making it. I just hope it is with us.

And to the guy who posted he didn't want him because he is not a starter. That is not real bright. He is backing up McNair (MVP). If the Titans had enough confidence in Volek to cut O'Donnell that should tell you what they think of him. Do some homework on Volek and then tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom