Vontae Davis has passed away | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis has passed away

Refresh my memory for those who remember. We had him for three years and we thought him and Smith would be our corners for a while - then he was gone - off to Indy. Why'd we not keep him around longer?
He was an ascending player and we all knew it. In fact, in his last season with us he played at a probowl level. Then Philbin came in and didn’t like him - there was some talk that he showed up drunk to practice (not sure if true). So we traded him for poor value. Then w Indy he continued on the trajectory he was on w us and went to two probowls. He was also one of the best tackling CBs around. Very physical. Bad trade by Ireland and Philbin - I railed about it for 2 years after that’s how much I hated it. Rest in peace young man. So sad.

This is a damn shame. It always annoyed the hell out of me that Philbin got rid of him for a ham sandwich.

Rest in peace young man. Anything else doesn’t matter at this point. The only thing i will say is we need to do better for young men who are struggling with any issues at all. Mental illnesses drugs injuries to the brain. Men are being left behind in this area. Thoughts are with his family and friends

Leading 21-19, the Patriots had first-and-goal at the 4 with 10 minutes left, but Brady was intercepted in the end zone by rookie Vontae Davis, who stepped in front of Randy Moss to make the play.

"Going against the top receivers week in and week out, you've got to grow up sometime," Davis said. "Today was one of those days to grow up."

He was an ascending player and we all knew it. In fact, in his last season with us he played at a probowl level. Then Philbin came in and didn’t like him - there was some talk that he showed up drunk to practice (not sure if true). So we traded him for poor value. Then w Indy he continued on the trajectory he was on w us and went to two probowls. He was also one of the best tackling CBs around. Very physical. Bad trade by Ireland and Philbin - I railed about it for 2 years after that’s how much I hated it. Rest in peace young man. So sad.
I was ecstatic when Miami called his name at the draft. That’s exactly who i wanted.

Back
Top Bottom