Vrabel a Jerk? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vrabel a Jerk?

PhinsPhan said:
I think it is more trendy to cheer for them than to bash them.

Ain't that the truth.

(Not directed at PhinsPhan) -- And for the record, lay off Dirtywater (AMAZING song ;) ). He's a good sh*t and always provides some good insight to this board. I enjoy reading his posts.

PntherPryd said:
I honestly didn't have an opinion when I started this thread. I was at the game and just heard about this yesterday.

I figured the best place to get the low down on Vrabel was a division opponents board. I haven't heard any backup to the argument that he's a jerk so my opinion is it was a spur of the moment deal with a little bad judgement thrown in.

The most interesting part has been watching Dirty Water working harder than George Stephanopoulos at a Republican Convention to spin this little escapade!

:lol:

He is a jerk. He is one of the few pats players who runs his mouth. My brother in law(who grew up in NE) was talking about it after they beat the colts last year and Vrabel was talking smack. I also saw him on espn on draft day and he was talking about how Bill had better keep throwing him tds as a tight end. :shakeno: I was siting there shaking my head just like that. That is not a coach you want to tell what to do.:shakeno:

dolphan117 said:
He is a jerk. He is one of the few pats players who runs his mouth. My brother in law(who grew up in NE) was talking about it after they beat the colts last year and Vrabel was talking smack. I also saw him on espn on draft day and he was talking about how Bill had better keep throwing him tds as a tight end. :shakeno: I was siting there shaking my head just like that. That is not a coach you want to tell what to do.:shakeno:

I disagree. Everyone was picking the Colts yet again to win. I for one can't blame a guy for being damn happy he beat them. Please provide the link though for your source so we can all read what he said instead of hearsay. Thanks.

Secondly, I really hope you know he was joking about the Tight End comment. Seriously. Not to pick a fight here, but the line was so in jest it was comical. I am actually shocked that anyone would even remotely think he was serious.

Dirtywater said:
I disagree. Everyone was picking the Colts yet again to win. I for one can't blame a guy for being damn happy he beat them. Please provide the link though for your source so we can all read what he said instead of hearsay. Thanks.

Secondly, I really hope you know he was joking about the Tight End comment. Seriously. Not to pick a fight here, but the line was so in jest it was comical. I am actually shocked that anyone would even remotely think he was serious.

Sorry I googled for a transcript but cant find it. All I can remember is that my brother in law and his best friend(Both liflong pats fans) were both talking about how he needs to shut up. I have a tone of respect for the pats and the way that organization is run, but I realy dont like Vrable. As to the TE coments maby I am missing somthing but me and the guy I was waching it with were both shaking our heads. That whole interview he was way over the top. I remeber reading an article about it with regards to the Castilo situation. I Was thinking it was by Peter King but I just searched there sit and it dosnt seem to have been him. The article wasnt on just Vrable but he was saying how Vrable needs to save the commentery job for someone else. Sorry I am no more help with the links but its hard to find old stuff. BTW let me repeat that I am not a guy that just walks around bashing the pats. They are the model franchise of the NFL and I respect the heck out of them. They are pretty much what Saban is trying to turn the fins into. I just realy dont like Vrable.

dolphan117 said:
Sorry I googled for a transcript but cant find it. All I can remember is that my brother in law and his best friend(Both liflong pats fans) were both talking about how he needs to shut up. I have a tone of respect for the pats and the way that organization is run, but I realy dont like Vrable. As to the TE coments maby I am missing somthing but me and the guy I was waching it with were both shaking our heads. That whole interview he was way over the top. I remeber reading an article about it with regards to the Castilo situation. I Was thinking it was by Peter King but I just searched there sit and it dosnt seem to have been him. The article wasnt on just Vrable but he was saying how Vrable needs to save the commentery job for someone else. Sorry I am no more help with the links but its hard to find old stuff. BTW let me repeat that I am not a guy that just walks around bashing the pats. They are the model franchise of the NFL and I respect the heck out of them. They are pretty much what Saban is trying to turn the fins into. I just realy dont like Vrable.

I understand.

I'd love to see a transcript though and I know there's only so much you can do via the net.

As for the entire teams comments after playing the Colts, you need to remember how many people were finally picking the Colts. I know the Pats play the 'respect' card way too often (hey, if that's what motivates them, that's what motivates them) but this was a clear case of disrespect. They were so exstatic to hold the "greatest offense ever" to 3 points, a lot of them said many comments that were unlike themselves, but, thet said it and should be held to no special standard. Just telling you to remember the situation.

As for the Draft comments, I watched it and it was so much a joke that it was not even funny. They even joke about it on the radio here. But, I can't put that into your head, so you are obviously free to think whatever you'd like. Just know that if he was serious, that would have the biggest Patriots story of the summer as the Pats never give out stories. And it was a zero stroy.

It is just strange for me to see how people hate a guy who is easily one of the most likeable people on the Pats. Rodney, yeah, I can see it, but not Vrabel. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom