VRABEL traded to Cheifs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VRABEL traded to Cheifs

he was getting older and only produced 1 sack in 16 games (per my patriots friends)

He was their best LB IMO. He always made plays. I know they have to get younger at LB but that is a blow to them. I'm sure Pioli knows what kind of player he is getting and you build around a guy like Vrabel. He can teach alot of young guys the right way to play a 3-4. Good news for Miami.

He was their best LB IMO. He always made plays. I know they have to get younger at LB but that is a blow to them. I'm sure Pioli knows what kind of player he is getting and you build around a guy like Vrabel. He can teach alot of young guys the right way to play a 3-4. Good news for Miami.

best linebacker? he did nothing last year and they have mayo

I've got to say I didn't see this coming at all but after watching Belichick release Lawyer Milloy 5 days before opening day kick off I can't say I'm totally shocked. Vrabel will turn 34 in Aug and he has definately starting to show it. Something pretty good must becoming in this trade for the Pats......

Well, Chiefs had one of the worst pass rushes in the league last season, but is certainly not a long term solution. Very surprised.

Vrabel was in the last year of his contract. Pats had a chance to get something for him and cut 3.5M from the cap. How often does that happen with a guy his age, in the last year of his contrazct? He would have contributed this year for sure. I have no clue what their plans are to fill the position. Pierre Woods? Shawn Crable?

There are rumors that this could be part of a package deal. It'll be curious to see how it goes down.

I can see why Pioli did it. No better player to teach his young teammates a new scheme. He's a great lockerroom presence and he still has a bit left in the tank.

Turns out the deal was for Vrabel & Cassell. How can you franchise a player that requires another team to give you two 1st round picks, then trade for a second rounder? Sounds fishy to me.

Back
Top Bottom