W.i.l.l.i.s. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.i.l.l.i.s.

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3719720

RB Willis McGahee didn't attend all of the voluntary organized team activities, but he showed enough to get the team excited about what he might do this season. Now more than two years removed from a major knee injury, McGahee is bigger, stronger and a step faster than he was last season when he ran for 1,128 yards and 13 TDs in just 11 starts. He has more confidence when making cuts and plays without thinking about his left knee. McGahee ran with power and patience last season while working to regain the explosive breakaway speed and acceleration he possessed before his injury. The team believes McGahee is ready to assume a place among the elite running backs in the NFL. . .


If Willis is bigger, stronger, and faster than last year, look out AFCE.

Makes Losman's transition even easier.
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta
Losman7 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3719720

RB Willis McGahee didn't attend all of the voluntary organized team activities, but he showed enough to get the team excited about what he might do this season. Now more than two years removed from a major knee injury, McGahee is bigger, stronger and a step faster than he was last season when he ran for 1,128 yards and 13 TDs in just 11 starts. He has more confidence when making cuts and plays without thinking about his left knee. McGahee ran with power and patience last season while working to regain the explosive breakaway speed and acceleration he possessed before his injury. The team believes McGahee is ready to assume a place among the elite running backs in the NFL. . .


If Willis is bigger, stronger, and faster than last year, look out AFCE.

Makes Losman's transition even easier.

Everyone knows this guy is one of the hardest working guys in the NFL. He will turnout to be a great back for the Bills if he can avoid the big injuries. So far so good, and if he is better than last year may Matt Roth take his head off.:D
 

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
GreenMonster said:
Everyone knows this guy is one of the hardest working guys in the NFL. He will turnout to be a great back for the Bills if he can avoid the big injuries. So far so good, and if he is better than last year may Matt Roth take his head off.:D

Maybe next year.


Do you think Roth will get alot of PT this season?

He's good, and has heart, but he's young, and you brought in so many veterans on the DL.
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta
Losman7 said:
Maybe next year.


Do you think Roth will get alot of PT this season?

He's good, and has heart, but he's young, and you brought in so many veterans on the DL.

No he most likely won't be much more than a fresh pass rusher on 3rd down but I am not sure Kevin Carter still has it in him..
 

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
GreenMonster said:
No he most likely won't be much more than a fresh pass rusher on 3rd down but I am not sure Kevin Carter still has it in him..

Carter is still a servicable pass rusher, and with him and Taylor, it should only help.

I watched Roth in college, being a Big Ten fan, and he's got the attitude and the physical traits, but he also played on a pretty good D.
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta
Losman7 said:
Carter is still a servicable pass rusher, and with him and Taylor, it should only help.

I watched Roth in college, being a Big Ten fan, and he's got the attitude and the physical traits, but he also played on a pretty good D.

No doubt Carter is still servicable and he also won't have to play every snap with our depth unless he gets locked in at DT through injuries. Roth did play on some good Iowa D's, but remember the whole team has been really good the last couple of years. I aslo liked the fact he played big in games against big time teams like Miami. Like Crowder he is young and won't see as much playing time this year as most think.
 

Vessel17

Here we go Buffalo, here we go!
Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Louisville, KY
If I'm Miami I'd play Roth as much as I could. He's not going to be able to bull-rush tackles like he did in college so he's going to have to learn some more moves. I think he's an Aaron Schobel clone with 10 more pounds. I'd also sit Zach Thomas and let Crowder play (no one likes that idea on this board so far). Thomas' time is done and he doesn't fit Saban's big mike linebacker scheme.
 

5P1KES

Rookie
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
I was just about to post this here.

Willis will be even better - I think we may have just gotten ourselves the next 2000 yard back.
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta
Vessel17 said:
If I'm Miami I'd play Roth as much as I could. He's not going to be able to bull-rush tackles like he did in college so he's going to have to learn some more moves. I think he's an Aaron Schobel clone with 10 more pounds. I'd also sit Zach Thomas and let Crowder play (no one likes that idea on this board so far). Thomas' time is done and he doesn't fit Saban's big mike linebacker scheme.

Are the Bills gonna sit Vincent to get Wire on the field more..??
 

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
GreenMonster said:
Are the Bills gonna sit Vincent to get Wire on the field more..??

No.


But back to the OG topic.

Willis

I'm excited to see him back to his form from the U.

Whqat kind of Madden Rating do you think he'll get?
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta
Losman7 said:
No.


But back to the OG topic.

Willis

I'm excited to see him back to his form from the U.

Whqat kind of Madden Rating do you think he'll get?

Only behind, Priest, Jamal, LT, Portis, James, and depending on how much they downgrade sum of the older guys, (Martin, Dillon)
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta
Do Bills fans think Willis can break 1600 yards this year if he stays healthy and your new offensive line plays decent enought??
 

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
GreenMonster said:
Only behind, Priest, Jamal, LT, Portis, James, and depending on how much they downgrade sum of the older guys, (Martin, Dillon)

He ended the year right around 89-90 after the last update I believe.

If he has a successful season, I bet he ends in the 91-94 range.

He seems like the kind of guy that ESPN, Madden, Xbox, and other want to succeed. Good story that'll sell.
 

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
GreenMonster said:
Do Bills fans think Willis can break 1600 yards this year if he stays healthy and your new offensive line plays decent enought??

Our line can Run Block, especially the right side.

If he stays healthy, and JP can hit on some longer play-actions, to keep D's honest, he could very well have that, even lead the league.

he's gonna carry the ball a lot this year. he should break 1200-1300 just from the amount of carries alone.
 

5P1KES

Rookie
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
he's gonna get at least 1750 yards rushing alone this year - I think he'll tack on another 400 in recieving too.
 
Top Bottom