W. Smith, J. James, S. McKinney, L. Allen, S. Andrews (How about that OL) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W. Smith, J. James, S. McKinney, L. Allen, S. Andrews (How about that OL)

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
LT - W. Smith
LG - J. James
C- S. McKinney
RG - L. Allen
RT - S. Andrews

How about that OL Dolfans? I'd think it would have to rate as one of the NFL's best

Larry Allen will be out there June 1st and may not be too costly.........everyone seems to think Andrews will slide to pick 20 overall...Can you imagine that in Front of Ricky!

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
LT - W. Smith
LG - J. James
C- S. McKinney
RG - L. Allen
RT - S. Andrews

How about that OL Dolfans? I'd think it would have to rate as one of the NFL's best

Larry Allen will be out there June 1st and may not be too costly.........everyone seems to think Andrews will slide to pick 20 overall...Can you imagine that in Front of Ricky!
i think the line will look more like this

LT - w. smith
LG - j. james
C - st.claire
RG - mckinney
RT - s.andrews

which dosn't look so bad either ....

Andrews isn't considered a top tackle from what i've read...
If we were to draft him he would probably start at RG...
I suppose he could move to RT until D-Mac gets healthy...
I would also like to know how Cowboy fans feel about Allen's recent play...

I'd rather have Smith,James,Seth,Smiley and Randall till Mack is back. If we can get Allen then fine with me but right now I'd rather have Smiley than Andrews.

Ozzy rules!!

i'm down with that Ol but to simply put names together and call them one of the NFLs best is foolish.

Wade smith is still only a second year player and not one of the nfls best LTs

Jeno James is a great talent-still have to see if he gels with the rest of the line, arguably one of the best up and coming guards in the NFL

McKinney we aren't sure if he is able to hold down the fort at center, most of us think he is, but he hasn't had a chance at a full time job and will have to see how he holds up over the course of the season. also, didn't beat out ruddy last year.

Allen-not what he once was, old, but still a hell of an upgrade for a year or two if we can keep him motivated

Andrews- first he has to fall to us, then we have to keep him in shape and make sure hes ready to start his rookie year, that being said, hes still a rookie and mistakes will be made

and then of course you have the fact that NONE of these guys have ever played together (smith/mckinney a little bit, but not much even) so to call them one of the leagues best, well that's jumping the gun.

thats probably the line most people would like to go into the season with, but there would still be a lot of question marks surrounding it, and we'd have to hope they gel fast and understand our blocking schemes quickly.

Bet it looks more like this:

Smith
James
McKinney
St Claire / Yates / Jerman / Whitley / Randall
St Claire / Randall / Jerman (till McIntosh gets back)

Originally posted by Agua
Bet it looks more like this:

Smith
James
McKinney
St Claire / Yates / Jerman / Whitley / Randall
St Claire / Randall / Jerman (till McIntosh gets back)

ya me too, and i hope we draft a WR with our first pick.

Originally posted by CCMiamiDolphins
There is no chance we get both Allen and Andrews
I w/agree that we expect McI to play RT for most of the year and Andrews w/b expected to play RG early in his career

My wife is a big Cowboys fan, so I've gotten to watch them quite a bit over the last few years. Allen has lost SEVERAL steps. Depending on the money, I'd rather have Jaime Nails back. At least Jaime is just battling back from injury. Allen is battling father time, and that's not a battle he can win.

On top of that...NO offensive line in the NFL is going to be one of the best NO MATTER WHO IS ON IT, if that O-line consists of 5 guys who have never played a game together. Not 1 or 2...FIVE. O-line more than anyone, QB/WR's included needs time to gel in order to work as a unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's just wishful thinking to hope we'll have one of the best Offensive lines in the league. The best we can expect is a solid one that will consistantly open running lanes for Ricky.

I've been watching most of the threads recently and I haven't heard
any mention of Jake Grove (C) VA Tech. I've read some things about him. Seems he has a real mean streak as a player, but has a great quiet locker room presence.
It seems everyone is stuck on Andrews. I see more quotes of fans "hoping" he'll still be around at #20. But, what about a backup plan?
A few people tend to notice that McKinney couldn't beat out Ruddy last year. Granted, he's doesn't have 30 years experience like Ruddy. But, McKinney has proven valuable as a swing man. So, why not consider drafting Grove and shifting the line around a little. McKinney could still start as a guard. Hell, who knows, he might be able to handle tackle. If he can't, maybe someone else could swing to tackle.
Keep in mind the philosophy, best player on the board. If we can't get lucky enough to draft Andrews, what about drafting a dominant center (ala O. Kreutz) and fill the whole at tackle with one of the other 50 lineman we have in camp.
Thoughts?

I don't think we need Allen. He's old, and isn't that good anymore IMO. I think the Phinz OL in 2004 will look like this....

LT - Smith
LG - James
C - McKinney or St. Clair
RG - Andrews or J. Smiley
RT - Randall / McIntosh / St. Clair

Depth players : Yates / Whitely / German / possibly Perry / Draftee

Not too shaby IMO. Young, and hungry. Could be a big boost for this offense in 2004 and the years to come IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well all I can say is that I think the our o line will be more talented than last year and that Im proud of the FO....oh yea we also got David Boston

Back
Top Bottom