W. Smith, J. James, S. McKinney, L. Allen, S. Andrews (How about that OL) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W. Smith, J. James, S. McKinney, L. Allen, S. Andrews (How about that OL)

Hunt...seems like most people are hung up on Andrews...IMO, he has some issues (weight, attitude). I like Grove too (tough and mean.) However, I actually prefer us to draft Smiley and let McK and St. Clair battle out the center position. I think that Smiley, Grove, Andrews (in that order) are the next tier down from Gallery in the draft, but Smiley seems to fit better into our OL schemes. Any of those guys, IMO, are a reach at 20, but I wouldn't complain if RS reached for any of the 3 of them.

Wouldn't mind picking up alllen for one or two years(hopefully one) if the price is right. Wouldn't mind that at all. How could you not like that????????

Only thing chances of the price being right imo is 35-45 percent.

This thread has got me thinking about the youth movement along the oline. So I thought I'd put some ages on a potential starting line this year on opening day:

Randy McMichael 26
Wade Smith 24
Jeno James 27
Seth McKinney 26
Shawn Andrews 22
Greg Randall 27

All the other ones on the roster are of a similiar age. This tells me that we probably won't bring in an Allen, or Ruddy or Perry.

If this group doesn't get Ricky or our Qbacks mangled in September or October, by November the Dolphins could have a powerhouse offense.

I have seen Andrews, and the guy is straight up mauler. I can't picture him playing at RG, he fit's the Mold of a devastating Run Blocking RT. He is quite simply the second best O-Lineman in the draft.

Now this is assuming that he keeps his weight down to the 340-350 range, if he does that.... well, he's going to be anchoring the right side of somebodies line for the next decade.

Back
Top Bottom