Waddle injury news | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle injury news

You're not LISTENING!

Look at NE roster and current state of their team.

IF we NEED Byron and Waddle with EVERTHING else we have then we have a BIG PROBLEM!

We're not talking about the Bills or Bengals but that NE team coming into the season.

If we want to go to that playoff place and possibly beyond then we better have a team that can win against rosters "on paper" that we're clearly better than in most areas.
Just because my opinion may differ, it doesn't mean I'm "not listening". No need to be cheeky by "yelling" at me, brother.

If you want to dismiss NE as a bottom feeder, fine with me. I've seen premature prognostications of their demise too many times to take that bait.

"On paper" is fine, but history has proven "any given Sunday" holds more truth.

Just because my opinion may differ, it doesn't mean I'm "not listening". No need to be cheeky by "yelling" at me, brother.

If you want to dismiss NE as a bottom feeder, fine with me. I've seen premature prognostications of their demise too many times to take that bait.

yup.

and i want to be playing my best ball later in the season.

game 1 vs a division opponent, a setback is never going to surprise me, and isn't really indicative of what we may look like in November and December.

Meh…all indications by the coach is he’ll be fine to play.

Also if we need Jones an Waddle to beat this Patriots teams then we have no hope for a playoff berth.
Jones shouldn't be vital against Mac and NE's WRs and IMO we have more than enough offensive firepower to threaten their secondary with or without Waddle. Reality is that we're 3-0 against them in the last three games and we seem to have gotten better while they seem to have gotten worse.

BB is a good defensive coach and they will be a solid, if unspectacular team so we can't assume a cake walk or anything, but we are better on paper and have been better on the field head to head of late. Plus we'll be playing in Miami. Their only perceived advantage is the aura of BB and the Patriots. They just haven't been worthy of the reverence since Brady left. And I have enough confidence in McD's play calling, design, etc., that I see McD vs. BB as a wash rather than as a NE advantage.

Why so serious @Mach2?

You know i'm not making light of your thoughts.

I'm just saying "on paper" regardless of rivarly or not we shouldn't lose to NE even with B.Jones and less likely Waddle missing...Period!

Ofcourse you want to be at full strengh for everything. But this is the NFL and injuries generally happen and leave your team less than ideal. Playoffs and beyond type teams find ways to overcome that. IF we want to be a playoff team then we have to be able to do like-wise.

Why so serious @Mach2?

You know i'm not making light of your thoughts.

I'm just saying "on paper" regardless of rivarly or not we shouldn't lose to NE even with B.Jones and less likely Waddle missing...Period!

Ofcourse you want to be at full strengh for everything. But this is the NFL and injuries generally happen and leave your team less than ideal. Playoffs and beyond type teams find ways to overcome that. IF we want to be a playoff team then we have to be able to do like-wise.
My point is that (yes, I know Waddle is almost certainly playing) having Jones out potentially limits what we can do, as far as scheme, defensively, and if Waddle were out, it no doubt would change the offensive approach, as well. Those two players are a big part of what we are capable of doing, as far as flexibility.

When any team loses two key players, it isn't only the individual talent/impact that can't easily be replaced. Those kinds of players make it easier for everyone around them.

yup.

and i want to be playing my best ball later in the season.

game 1 vs a division opponent, a setback is never going to surprise me, and isn't really indicative of what we may look like in November and December.
I get your point bro but ......screw this we need to win this game man!!!!
The Rock Comedy GIF by Baywatch Movie

Back
Top Bottom