Wade looking for a payday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade looking for a payday

finfan77

Starter
Reaction score
He's looking a Runyan's contract.....What????? Runyan had his best season the season before FA. Wade on the other hand decided to have his worst. Yes Wade is big like Runyan but he is nowhere near as talented.

IMO, save the money and go after another RT who can sustain his blocks and is more of a rounded tackle. Wade can't handle speed rushers and gets beat by line stunts. The speed rusher problem is technique, but the stunt problem is lack to preparation!

Save the money and if your gonna give anyone a big contract make it Ogun, but I would rather that they start investing some money in some offensive players.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ec13,0,7883131.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Have fun looking for that contract elsewhere, because you sure as hell won't get it here. Wade has sucked this year anyway, he won't be missed.

I was wondering about this. Is Wade worth any more than a middle of the road contract?

When you are the right tackle on the worst O line in the league, I don't think you go demanding big bucks.

Wade seems to have hit a plateau in his playing ability. The first two years he seemed like he could be in the top 5 for RT's. His play along with the rest of the OL has dropped off considerably. Right now I believe its all talk and positioning. Wade more than likely will stay but it won't be for the money he hopes he will receive.

The guy has never made a pro-bowl in a conference that has lacked a dominating RT.

Good Ridance.

Let him go, I agree. Move Wade Smith to RT, where he may have a better shot at succeeding, and finally get that stud LT somewhere. Either the draft or FA.

Wade, who signed a four-year, $2.28 million contract as a rookie, admits dealing with the uncertainty of his future is a struggle.

"It adds stress. I'd be lying if I said it didn't," he said. "But it's out of my hands. It's nothing I can control, so I'm just being positive about everything and the best thing will work out."

This is too funny. Is all this stress worrying about your future made your play go down dramatically? Were you thinking and stressing about your money when you had the 5 yard offsides penality last week? Play football and worrying about DA MONEY after the DA season.

Originally posted by scotgif
Let him go, I agree. Move Wade Smith to RT, where he may have a better shot at succeeding, and finally get that stud LT somewhere. Either the draft or FA.

right on man !!

wade need to ride

I would feel much better with a rookie in there with potential upside rather than a proven bust like Todd Wade. Let him go. Maybe the Cardinals will waste a few million on him.

Now this idea I like....

:dance:

I'd rather pay for Jon Tait than Wade.

Wade Smith is the future at LT. He has potential, he just needs to add some bulk. He has played poorly this season, but he was forced into the starting lineup. You need to give him time.

Originally posted by finfan77
He's looking a Runyan's contract.....What????? Runyan had his best season the season before FA. Wade on the other hand decided to have his worst. Yes Wade is big like Runyan but he is nowhere near as talented.

IMO, save the money and go after another RT who can sustain his blocks and is more of a rounded tackle. Wade can't handle speed rushers and gets beat by line stunts. The speed rusher problem is technique, but the stunt problem is lack to preparation!

Save the money and if your gonna give anyone a big contract make it Ogun, but I would rather that they start investing some money in some offensive players.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ec13,0,7883131.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

All the more reason that this years draft needs to be dedicated to the offensive side of the ball !

:D

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom