• Wade

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • LeBron

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
I used to think they were pretty much a 1a and 1b... but I now think Wade has taken a step to be ahead of Bron. Is it me, or does Bron just look bored and disinterested this season?

I think the difference between the 2 players was clear when they played each other. Both had pretty poor games... but when the 4th quarter came around... Wade took over, and Bron was almost non-existant...

As of right now, who do you think is better? Wade or Bron?

3 people have voted Bron over Wade so far... but with no explaination why...

So I ask... why Bron?

Bron - 26.6

Assists:
Wade - 7.8
Bron - 6.0

Rebounds:
Wade - 5.0
Bron - 6.8

Field Goal %:
Wade - 48.5%
Bron - 47.6%

Free Throw %:
Wade - 81.1%
Bron - 68.4%

Steals:
Wade - 2.13
Bron - 1.63

Blocks:
Wade - 1.18
Bron - 0.63

So statistically, Wade is beating Bron at about everything other than rebounds... which Wade does a pretty solid job at too. Not to mention, what Wade has accomplished vs. Bron (1 ring + Finals MVP)...

Then, factor in Wade's killer instinct and ability to take over in the 4th quarter... which Bron lacks...

I dont get how you can vote Bron. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right... but back up your opinion...

I'm no Heat fan or Wade fan, but there is no question Wade is playing better ball at the moment. In their latest matchup, Wade attacked relentlessly while LeBron seemed content to coast. I know he has a toe injury, but there seems to be more to it than that. He may be exhausted mentally.

If I'm building a team and you aid I could take one or the other, I'm taking Lebron. If you ask me who is playing better right now, I would give the edge to Wade, but he also benifits from having a Championship team around him also.

I'm no Heat fan or Wade fan, but there is no question Wade is playing better ball at the moment. In their latest matchup, Wade attacked relentlessly while LeBron seemed content to coast. I know he has a toe injury, but there seems to be more to it than that. He may be exhausted mentally.

See, my roommates and I were talking... and it just looks like LeBron doesnt care when he plays. To us, it looks like the fact that the Cavs have put no one around him is really taking its toll on him. He just doesnt seem to care... and is just on auto-pilot this season...

Wade is clutch and Lebron isn't.

They put on similar numbers but in the clutch Wade excels, so you have to vote Wade.

1a) Kobe
1b) Wade (and closing the gap on Kobe)
2) Lebron

If I'm building a team and you aid I could take one or the other, I'm taking Lebron. If you ask me who is playing better right now, I would give the edge to Wade, but he also benifits from having a Championship team around him also.

Fair enough...

However, this "Championship Team" that Wade has around him isnt that great. There is Shaq who has barely played all season... so he hasnt really been much of a factor. Haslem is solid, Kapono has emerged... but the team isnt exactly stacked with talent.

Fair enough...

However, this "Championship Team" that Wade has around him isnt that great. There is Shaq who has barely played all season... so he hasnt really been much of a factor. Haslem is solid, Kapono has emerged... but the team isnt exactly stacked with talent.

Jason Williams and Shaq have missed a lot of games. Without those two the Cavs supporting cast is far better.

See, my roommates and I were talking... and it just looks like LeBron doesnt care when he plays. To us, it looks like the fact that the Cavs have put no one around him is really taking its toll on him. He just doesnt seem to care... and is just on auto-pilot this season...

While saying he doesn't care may be going a bit far, I know what you mean. You think MJ would go through the motions? I say MJ because I'm sure James wants to be compared to him someday.

Wade hasn't had a picnic either, and look at him battle for everything. He also played over the summer and has been a banged up one man show. However, one must remember that he is physically and mentally more mature than LeBron. We forget that Lebron is only 21, and the whirlwind of the past 3 years may finally be wearing on him a bit.

While saying he doesn't care may be going a bit far, I know what you mean. You think MJ would go through the motions? I say MJ because I'm sure James wants to be compared to him someday.

Wade hasn't had a picnic either, and look at him battle for everything. He also played over the summer and has been a banged up one man show. However, one must remember that he is physically and mentally more mature than LeBron. We forget that Lebron is only 21, and the whirlwind of the past 3 years may finally be wearing on him a bit.

Even when Wade was a rookie (or even in college) he never went through the motions or gave up even in bad situations. We werent supposed to make the playoffs that year....and we did. We were supposed to lose to the Hornets...we won. The Pacers were supposed to kill us and we gave them all they would handle. (You can go back into the NCAA tournament to)

I dont know if the age excuse works.....it just seems like when the odds are against him Wade plays well while Lebron just goes through the motions most of the time.

Even when Wade was a rookie (or even in college) he never went through the motions or gave up even in bad situations. We werent supposed to make the playoffs that year....and we did. We were supposed to lose to the Hornets...we won. The Pacers were supposed to kill us and we gave them all they would handle. (You can go back into the NCAA tournament to)

I dont know if the age excuse works.....it just seems like when the odds are against him Wade plays well while Lebron just goes through the motions most of the time.

Look, from years 18-21 you can't compare what Wade went through as opposed to LeBron. Without going into detail, generally speaking LeBron played a ton more games during that period, and had a ton more pressure, both on and off the court.

Fair enough...

That "Championship" team was good enough to win the NBA Finals with SHAQ averaging 9 ppg.

I think you underestimate the Heat's talent.

I'm not gonna go too much into detail, because as most of you have seen.. I've explained myself before when calling Kobe > Wade > LeBron in that order. With that said, I'll just drop a few details:

-LeBron was rookie of the year, but guess what? Wade is an NBA Finals MVP
-Dwyane Wade is a far better leader.
-Dwyane Wade is way, way, way more clutch.
-Dwyane Wade > LeBron in everything but SIZE and REBOUNDING. Everything.
-LeBron James disappears in the clutch.
-EDIT: LeBron James is also a better 3pt shooter, but who cares?
-LeBron James is an average-at-best FT shooter.

Ohhhhh, and how could I forget! LeBron is a more exciting dunker. :rolleyes2

Interesting stat:
This year, Miami is 1-7 without Wade (10-20% all-time). Cleveland is 8-2 all-time without LBJ.

^If that stat doesn't interest you, then you don't belong in this discussion.

I got Wade on this one as well...coming from a Spurs fan :wink:

Back
Top Bottom