Wade Smith....bulking up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith....bulking up

juniorseau55 said:
... it would be good for him to shoot up some steroids this off-season. Don't worry about it guys, players do this to increase muscle weight while its illegal to the law and rules but its safe to say that many players now a days shoot up.

Just ridiculous. Everybody is doing it, so it must be ok? :shakeno:

depending on what steroids you take, oral/injection etc. you could test positive for up to a year after you stop...

what are these 'reputation' points for? And since I have a 'red' icon, does that mean someone doesn't like me :( :lol:

juniorseau55 said:
Wade smith main problems last season was that he was being out powered by strong defenders. His technique was there and everything but he was outpowered. I dont know if all that weight gain is fat, muscle or water but it would be good for him to shoot up some steroids this off-season. Don't worry about it guys, players do this to increase muscle weight while its illegal to the law and rules but its safe to say that many players now a days shoot up. Weather it becomes an addiction and the substance is abused greater than its suppose to be used then it is dangerous for the athlete.

This is the exact oppsite of the assessment reported by the team after the season. I can't remember if it was Wise directly or Smith relating what Wise had told him. The report was that while they felt that Smith would be wise to increase his upper body strength, his failures last year were primarily technique errors. This coincides with my memories of last season. I remember him being beaten around the corner, but I have no memories of him being run over. Maybe one of you guys who tape the games and have reviewed them could verify this.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I disagree, they test in the NFL all of the time. Plus there are plenty of legal ways to buff up, rather then risking EVERYTHING on steroids.

This subject comes up now and then and some of the responses make me laugh. I'll say it once again about this issue. If any of you actually think drugs are not used in football and other sports you are being a little naive.
I've been there, I played football from High school through college and I know guys who went to the NFL. Steroids and "designer drugs" made to beat tests are a part of the game. Testing is a joke. There are a number of ways to beat tests and new products are made regularly that no tests are even made to detect yet. It's just a part of sports. Everyone wants the leg up on their opponent and they'll do anything to get it.

so there isn't a way to buff up without taking steriods? Steroids are the only way to get stronger?

I like the fact that he's getting bigger now cos he'll lose some of that with the 2 a-day in that heat. Like someone else said, I hope he can still be quick enough cos he did get beat around the corner plenty of times last year. I still think he should be better this year but how much better remains to be seen.

Ozzy rules!!

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
so there isn't a way to buff up without taking steriods? Steroids are the only way to get stronger?

I'm not saying that at all.
It is the quickest way to add pure strength and only way to improve above and beyond your genetic limitations.

Not saying eveyone is on it either. I'm just saying that I've been there and I know there are always a high number of athletes willing to take whatever steps they can to get a leg up on the competition. It's human nature.

Trekbiz said:
I'm not saying that at all.
It is the quickest way to add pure strength and only way to improve above and beyond your genetic limitations.

Not saying eveyone is on it either. I'm just saying that I've been there and I know there are always a high number of athletes willing to take whatever steps they can to get a leg up on the competition. It's human nature.

I realize that, I am just saying there are a lot of legal ways to do with without steriods. I am also saying it is more risky in the NFL since they actually test and take offenses seriously.

Back to the issue at hand...

It is VERY encouraging to see that Smith has been hitting the weights.
It seems that based on many scouts comments that strength was really has only flaw.

I think some of you severely overrate upper body strength when it comes to offensive linemen. Offensive linemen don't bench press defensive linemen out of the way. They get lower, and use their hips and legs to explode through the defensive lineman. The key area of strength for an offensive lineman is in his hips and legs. The squat lift and the power clean is much more indicative of functional football strength than the bench press is.

Wade Smith is a guy who also put on 20 lbs of muscle between the end of his senior season and the time he was drafted. In the last two years, Wade Smith has put on 40 lbs of muscle. This guy has a reputation of being very dedicated in the weight room. When he came out of Memphis, he posted lift numbers of 350 lbs in the bench press, 335 lbs in the power clean, and 530 lbs in the squat lift. His forty time was 5.17 seconds. His 10 yard split was 1.69 seconds. He did the 20 yard shuttle in 4.75 seconds and the 60 yard cone drill in 7.62 seconds.

Wade Smith Will Do Excellent Next Year, Just Run Ricky To The Left Side Only.. He Will Gain 2000 Yards,, Hahahaha Jk

well then, I hope the muscle "weight" is evenly distributed through his calves, thighs, lats, tris, bis and every other muscle besides his pecks...:)

i've said this before.....you want to gain lots of weight? Lots of muscle? Use 1) weight gainer 2) creatine and 3) protein. You'll need 2,000+ calories a day, 5grams/day creatine and 1.1 grams of protein for every lb of current body weight.....then you'll need to dedicate 2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week + any additional cardio. That alone will run the average 'serious' person $200-$300/month + the gym membership. Your average joe blow bodybuilder doesn't even go to that extent. You want to then bring it up a notch....say to professional football players? I'd say they spend even more attention to dieting and obviously as it's their full-time job they can dedicate all-day 5-7 days a week to strength and conditioning. These guys have personal trainers (as if they don't alredy know more about working out then most guys you'll see at a gym) as well as the team's strength coach. Quite a few of them, spend an AWFUL lot on their regimen. Everyone talked about Boston and I said whoopty-doo.....the guy spent what....$200,000 last year alone on "working out".....I'm sure the dolphins mgmt and trainers and personnel know what 'strength' Wade needs to build up on and doubt it if he's only doing mindless bench pressing all day. Yes, alot of athletes do do steroids, but not nearly as much as they used to. More knowledge/education, better training regimens and better otc products have made it possible to achieve almost the same gains but over a slightly longer timeframe. The majority of steroid users are the guys in high schools, college or joe-blow at the gym who can't afford 20-50K a year (let alone 200) or hyperbolic chambers (zach and others), taking IVs several times a week (boston) so instead they opt for the much cheaper solution to bulk up in 2-3 months and then try to maintain that from there.

Back
Top Bottom