Wade Smith comparison... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith comparison...

Originally posted by Gonk
Just in case anyone is wondering, here is the rest of our horrible line:

Todd Wade: 16 Games, 3 penalties (2 false starts, 1 holding), 5.5 sacks allowed
Todd Perry: 15 Games, 4 penalties (1 false start, 2 holding, 1 misc.), 3.5 sacks allowed
Tim Ruddy: 14 games, 4 penalties (4 holding), 3.5 sacks allowed
Jamie Nails: 15 games, 2 penalties (2 holding), 1.5 sacks allowed
Seth McKinney: 16 games (4 starts), 1 penalty, .5 sacks allowed

Any possibility of those numbers being skewed slightly by defenses going after Smith?

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Any possibility of those numbers being skewed slightly by defenses going after Smith?
what stands out to me are the penalties. the dolphins WERE always the lowest in the league. times HAVE changed!:(

Originally posted by dolfan06
what stands out to me are the penalties. the dolphins WERE always the lowest in the league. times HAVE changed!:(

Ya man.....false starts REALLY get on my nerves. Holding calls sometimes don't bother me too much. If the QB's about to get munched and lose 8 yards AND the down, the hold will give only another -2 yards and you keep the down. Quality O-Line play will eliminate either possibility for the most part however.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Ya man.....false starts REALLY get on my nerves. Holding calls sometimes don't bother me too much. If the QB's about to get munched and lose 8 yards AND the down, the hold will give only another -2 yards and you keep the down. Quality O-Line play will eliminate either possibility for the most part however.
i hate it when the defense jumps offsides, i always yell, "watch the friggin ball!":(

Originally posted by Section126
He was really broken up after that Indy game....he felt responsible.....

Indeed. I really felt bad for him. Sitting their looking up at the reporters, he looked shellshocked and heartbroken. It's unfortunate what happened to him. Everyone just threw the blame in his lap (fans/media).

this is what is boggleing my mind. The rook didnt go offsides or get holding called or anything. that is pretty damn good for a rookie! i wouldnt mind if he gets a few offsides to step it up agianst the bigger competition.

But man, have him eat and hit the weights and walllaaaa! instant stud.

Originally posted by finfan54
this is what is boggleing my mind. The rook didnt go offsides or get holding called or anything. that is pretty damn good for a rookie! i wouldnt mind if he gets a few offsides to step it up agianst the bigger competition.

But man, have him eat and hit the weights and walllaaaa! instant stud.
........................energy candy, we used to make it on the swim tem all the time, AND IT WORKS!

That is great info. This should convince anyone who wasn't already conviced that Wade Smith was a steal and will be an excellent LT for years to come.

BTW, I wasn't convinced at first until I thought about it and realized that he did better than anyone could expect considering that he was thrown to the wolves instead of being a backup and developing for a whole season.

Too bad there isn't a stat to tell us who's the better run blockers. Nails', Perry's, & Wade's pass protection #s look pretty good, but we still struggled opening holes for Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom