Wade Smith starting LT ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith starting LT ?

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Oliver I agree with your assessment of people's attitude towards Perry...plus he played much better last year opposed to his first, but I think Nails was the most consistant last year...and most dominant.

When healthy I agree Nails was the BEST, but T. Perry was there every game I believe and he contributed in every game so that's why I said he was the most consistant.

Now with Wade Smith playing, in time he may be pushing for the BEST OL on this OL, and with any luck he will be the MOST consistant as well.

Oliver...

I'm sorry to say, but Perry is the fifth best on the five man line.

RTs have to be atleast 320 pound monsters not athlethic 295ers. We did get 1800 yards. but did you notice one thing by the Patriot game the middle OL was porous. Ricky got almost all of those yards on the outside between the TE and RT, TE and LT.
I do hope that Smith can do the job, this early. All I know is that he is a steal, because even if he does not start this season at LT he will next and getting a starting LT, the most difficult position to get in football in the 3rd round is a bargain.

By the way McKinney is already better than Ruddy. Physically he is stronger and he was ready for the C spot last season when drafted. Watch college football. You can tell who are the potential guys and who are the guys that are ready. How do I know? I'm just Jaj, the most ignored person on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj
I'm sorry to say, but Perry is the fifth best on the five man line.

RTs have to be atleast 320 pound monsters not athlethic 295ers. We did get 1800 yards. but did you notice one thing by the Patriot game the middle OL was porous. Ricky got almost all of those yards on the outside between the TE and RT, TE

IMO Todd Perry is better than Ruddy and Todd Wade. I am not at all happy with Todd Wade. He gets destroyed on rush and pass blocking plays. He is the most inconsistant OL IMO. If it was me I'd let his butt go next off-season and sign or draft a RT.

I will say this, Todd Perry will more than likely be gone next season. There are too many young potentially good G's on this team to keep him around next season.

Oliver...

I forgot about that. But the way I was looking at it was McKinney in the center. Perry is not better than Wade. Much easier to get a G than a tackle.

You can tell who are the potential guys and who are the guys that are ready. How do I know? I'm just Jaj, the most ignored person on this forum.

Statements like that aren't going to help matters. I suggest you quit saying stuff like that cuz it doesn't really look good and this has got to be the 3rd or 4th time I've seen you cry poormouth cuz you think people are ignoring you. I say stuff all the time and people don't necessarily respond and DEFINITELY don't agree. I don't cry about it though. If people like your ideas, and like your writing, they'll read, and they'll respond. If they don't, then don't blame anyone but yourself.

I don't know whether McKinney is better than Ruddy or not, haven't seen him play. He had flashes of doing stuff that you don't see Ruddy doing back when I saw him last year and thats cool, but lets be honest here how much have we seen him get quality playing time at center with and against first teamers, that any of us can make a judgement? I think just in this last Jacksonville game, far as I know thats the first time he's worked with and against first teamers in front of the public.

I like Todd Wade. And I know I'm not the only one. I remember John Madden saying he watched a bunch of film of Miami OLmen and the most impressive guy was Todd Wade. He has gaffes against the pass sometimes, but then again so do most RTs. Thats why they are RTs. But he's big and most of the time he's going to manhandle his DLman.

No CK I'm sorry but you still don't get it. I am messing around. I always have done that. And I got the response I wanted.:evil: :eek: :lol:

Oh and by the way I love it when people argue. It's sometimes better than when people agree with me. I mean the reason to come to forums is to argue and bicker and take sides.

Alright man whatever floats your boat, but when you start getting most people being antagonistic toward you, message boarding isn't as fun and I should know (not talking about FH)

Are you talking about that old Dolphins site? Forgot it's name. The one everybody always looks down on.

This sucks, why is it the Fins seem to stuggle more with injuries more then other teams? Maybe its just chance but it still sucks lol. Hopefully we will finally have an answer for an injury to a key position.

Wade Smith certianly isn't better then Dixon at LT right now. Question is, is he better then a Spncer Falou, Brent Smith, can the Fins play with him there? In the Jags game we went with alot of 3 step drops and quick passes and it still is just preseason intensity. I will be intertesting to see how WS does in the opener, since Dixon looks to miss that game. See if we adjust the schemes to protect Smith.

Originally posted by DNY
Wade Smith certianly isn't better then Dixon at LT right now. Question is, is he better then a Spncer Falou, Brent Smith, can the Fins play with him there? In the Jags game we went with alot of 3 step drops and quick passes and it still is just preseason intensity. I will be intertesting to see how WS does in the opener, since Dixon looks to miss that game. See if we adjust the schemes to protect Smith.

True.

Basically I think we are all definately a little relieved to have seen how well Smith did last week, but cautious optimism would seem to be my take on it.

I think the guy is going to be solid, but not as solid at LT as Dixon.

Question is though, will the loss at LT from downgrading from Dixon to Smith be greater than or less than the gain we would get from placing Dixon back at guard.

If Smith comes in against a pretty good houston D and plays either lights out week 1 or just gets slapped around, either way the answer might be pretty easy (at least as far as this season is concerned)

Lets just hope that it's an easy pick to move Dixon back inside, because that would mean that Smith is shutting people down.

Okay...

So I was half asleep when I was reading and writing but I asked Jason Cole the question and here it is...

Q.

As a percentage of possibility, what do you think the chances of Wade Smith's game improving to the point that the Dolphins stick with him at LT? BTW, I agree with the assessment of Jarvis Borum's feet. But if I was a writer in Miami within arms reach of this ENORMOUS man, I wouldn't have said it in print. You da man!
Zod, Charleston, SC 8/18/03

A.

Smith is doing fine so far, but he won't play when Dixon is healthy. Teams chasing a title don't go with rookies LTs unless they have to. As for Jarvis, I will stay out of arm's reach.
Jason Cole 8/18/03

It's a basic answer. He didn't really go out on a limb but he has fielded alot of questions about Wade this week.

BTW- He said Jarvis Borum had slow feet. That is what that was all about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom