Wade Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
I know we all got to watch him play and he did a fine job as a Rookie but I'd like to know what the pros think. Does anyone subscribe to a service that has graded out his performance? Have you seen any articles specifically about his game? Anything?

Some interesting tidbits here.

Wade Smith's NFL.com draft card

Great Blue North almost had him pegged. They said 71 and he eventually went at 78. Does anyone know which team the Dolphins thought they had to get in front of? Link?

Originally posted by ZOD
I know we all got to watch him play and he did a fine job as a Rookie but I'd like to know what the pros think. Does anyone subscribe to a service that has graded out his performance? Have you seen any articles specifically about his game? Anything?

Some interesting tidbits here.

Wade Smith's NFL.com draft card

Great Blue North almost had him pegged. They said 71 and he eventually went at 78. Does anyone know which team the Dolphins thought they had to get in front of? Link?

A good ole BuMp for finformation...

I think he is the worst man on our roster and should be cut i dont agree that he did well for a rookie and i know about 50 others who agree. Boldin did well for a rookie, Davis did well for a rookie, Manning from the Panthers did well as a rookie. Wade Smith played like ****.

Originally posted by Brad528
I think he is the worst man on our roster and should be cut i dont agree that he did well for a rookie and i know about 50 others who agree. Boldin did well for a rookie, Davis did well for a rookie, Manning from the Panthers did well as a rookie. Wade Smith played like ****.

Smith was forced into a position that no rookie should face. Not even first round tackles like Jordan Gross play left tackle as a rookie. Wade Smith has a lot of potential and if he adds some muscle he could be a solid LT.

He could be a good player i agree but i dont agree that he did good last year. He might have been in a bad situation but that doesnt me playing bad isnt playing bad. YOu dont go saying he did good when he didnt just cause his situation was bad.

Originally posted by Brad528
He could be a good player i agree but i dont agree that he did good last year. He might have been in a bad situation but that doesnt me playing bad isnt playing bad. YOu dont go saying he did good when he didnt just cause his situation was bad.

I never said that Wade Smith did well. I think he sucked in 2003. However, I don't think he is the worst player on the roster, and I don't think he should be cut.

What's interesting is that GBN had him in that projection as a guard.

Alot of people did because of his leg drive.

I dont really think he should be cut just forced to practice alot. I do hope he plays better this season. If he doesnt then he should be cut.

Wade Smith was our best lineman last year. He was in no way our worse player on the team. If he was than there would be no way he would start. He was a rookie left tackle and rookies struggle, even the great Anquan Boldin struggled in games last year. Smith had some really tough games in the middle of the season but i dont think he is the reason we didn't make the playoffs. Our interior line was TERRIBLE last year. We need guards this year. Perry should be cut and Nails should be brought back as a back up. Ruddy needs to get cut and either McKinney will take over or we need to sign a vetern. If we let O-Gun go than we should let Todd Wade go to and try and get Shawn Andrews. This coming season i see Smith having a good year.

I saw plays where Wade got beat and never even got out of his stance and the QB was already getting hit. If you ask me that sucks and in no way was he our best linemen. He might be in the future but not last year. I do agree the rest of the ol was shakey but none as shakey as him. Even people who are not Dolphins fans now who he is just from him getting abused. I have friends who talk so much **** about him and say he is one of the worst linemen in the league. You dont get a rep like that if you have only played 1 year if you did a good job.

what do you want from a rookie playing the toughest position in the league imo? yea the good de's in the league put it on wade, but they also beat a lot of other good tackles weekly. it is sad that the only ones who don't respect the job smith did this year are some fin fans, as the media and his peers alike respected him enough to name him to the all-rookie team. wade is not going to do anything but get better

"I think he is the worst man on our roster and should be cut i dont agree that he did well for a rookie and i know about 50 others who agree. Boldin did well for a rookie, Davis did well for a rookie, Manning from the Panthers did well as a rookie. Wade Smith played like ****."

i think he did very well for a rookie 3rd rounder. he should never have seen the field this year let alone start. also, if you are gonna compare him to other rookies, you might want to compare him to other O-Linemen. it is much easier for WR's and CB's to come in right away and be productive.

C'mon folks W. Smith did a solid job. He hit the rookie wall against Indy, but other than that he was very solid. He also had ZERO, NADA, NIL, NO PENALTIES ALL SEASON LONG!!!!! Pretty incredible for a starting third round rookie LT if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom