Wade want $25 Million over 5 years and $10 million to sign | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade want $25 Million over 5 years and $10 million to sign

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We better not give him that amount of money. Todd Wade is very overrated and isn't worth half of that. If he wants that much money, he can just leave.

I think the headline makes the contract look worse than the original offer actually is.

After the 10 million bonus we're talking 3 million a year.

If the team likes the guy they have to do it.

That's his starting point, not what he will settle for. He's not going to low-ball himself. He can most likely be had for much less than that after negotiations.

I think we NEED to keep him. We are not going to make a sub-par O-Line any better by letting the best one on it leave.

Originally posted by burger13
That's his starting point, not what he will settle for. He's not going to low-ball himself. He can most likely be had for much less than that after negotiations.

I think we NEED to keep him. We are not going to make a sub-par O-Line any better by letting the best one on it leave.

:yes:

I think you guys are way out of WACK on Wade this guy plays with a bunch of I suck *** guys like Perry,Ruddy and Nails came off injury and a rookie LT.

Did you guys realize that Tait plays along with 2 other Pro Bowlers.I am not downgrading Tait but when you got Shields and Roaf on the line it sure as hell makes it alot easier in a game.

This line sucks and there is no doubt it needs to be overhauled but Wade is a top priority IMO.Solidyfies the RT.

$5 mill isnt bad but to get Pace or Jones or Tait or Clifton is gonna cost WAY more then it will cost to get Wade back and right now Miami is Knee deep in salary cap issues.Spielman will work a deal and Wade will come back for $4-4.5 mill.

No Way the Fins give this ***-clown that type of money...

For Todd Wade? wtf is his agent thinking?? If another team wants to give him that much...I say "goodbye"

There was times last year that Wade looked like he was playing on roller skates the way he would get bullrushed into the QB's lap.

Bye Bye Todd....Take Ruddy and both pairs of your roller skates with you.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
For that kind of money though we could replace both guards with very good players.

Exactly, we could really fix up the interior of our offensive line for what Wade wants (except I wouldn't mind bringing back Nails, he sucked last year but he was great in 2002 and I think he wasn't fully recovered from his injury last year.) Wade is nothing more than average. He had a good rookie season but has done nothing since then.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
''There's really nobody out there in free agency''

Nobody??..Did the Dolphins not see the same list of available tackles that we've all seen?

They consider W.Jones, Pace, Tait and Clifton nobody? I don't get it.

Problem is that Jones and Pace are virtually guaranteed to be franchised, and thus unavailable. Clifton and Tait would probably cost even more than that, and in any event, are natural left tackles (as are Jones and Pace).
If we're keeping Wade Smith at LT, which we probably should, then we need a RT, and that makes Wade probably the best on the market. I'm not big on paying him that much money, but we probably have to; he's hitting the market at the perfect time.

Since we're more than likely not going to start a left-handed QB, there's no need to sink that much money in a RT. Let Wade go test the market, he'll be back settling for much less.

We could probably sign Orlando Pace to 5 year $25 million.

Screw Todd Wade.

nah, we couldnt get Pace for that. Thats a good price for a player of his caliber, but he and his agent (Carl Poston i think) are convinced hes worth far more then he really is. A year or 2 ago he tried asking the Rams for some huge megamoney deal (i dont think it did, but im gettin the feelin it topped 100mil total) and he seems to think hes going to get it.

Originally posted by Al13
what the hell is he thinking

here it is

with this kind of money, we can take a look at John Tait

also at the bottom of the page, we resigned deon dyer and damian gregory

He is frikkin' nutz, plain and simple. I'd rather keep Sam and hIS 8 mil hiy b4 Wade and his 25 mil demand!
Enough already....we will not be held hostage. But what scares the hell out of me is that we "may have to comply" cuz this yr is awful thinm a OT...?????????? WTF !!! Draft a 3rd or 4th rnd rook to start at RT b4 caving into that crap!! AAaaaaarrgh !! :fire:

Hell for that price we could probably sign Jeno James and another very good guard in that same price range. I'd take 2 spots over 1 anyday.

I wonder who that unnamed source is who says nobody is out there?? John Tait is a better player and can even switch to LT in a pinch, and we need a lot of depth there especially if Dixon cannot get healthy enough to play swing tackle.

Originally posted by burger13

If we Lose Dixon and Todd Wade all we've got on the right side is Todd Perry. I think Ruddy will start again then Seth may Start at L Guard. We need Wade Smith to Improve because he cost us two games, including the sack on Fiedler in NE and definately the sack against Greise against Indy. I believe Nails is done. We're looking at Wade Smith, McKinney, Ruddy and Todd Perry. We have no right Tackle without Todd Wade and the rest of our OL is well below average. I think they're going to Give Todd Wade a good contract.

Back
Top Bottom